• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

That's the second best goal I've ever seen Sako score with his right foot.

That's the second best goal I've ever seen Sako score with his right foot.

Leicester at home under Saunders?

Great strike that, he's been easily Palace's best player. Pleased for him.

Leicester at home under Saunders?

Great strike that, he's been easily Palace's best player. Pleased for him.

Leicester away. Belter.

Pretty much the only coherent 45 minutes we put together under that arseburger as well (and we still lost)

Leicester away. Belter.

Pretty much the only coherent 45 minutes we put together under that arseburger as well (and we still lost)

That's it. I remember Batth backing off and off and off... until their forward score.

I remember the discussion after the game being that if we continue with that system and approach it might actually give us a platform to improve. Did he continue with that? Did he fuck

Oh - and was it the classic 'we had ten clear cut chances' game?

Yeah. We actually did play well second half. SEB was brilliant but just couldn't get a goal. But we should have been 3-0 down at half time, having barely had a kick to render that irrelevant.

Even Tongo played well in that one.

Bristol City in front at the Etihad, clumsy challenge from Stones and Bobby Reid scores form the spot.

Bristol City winning at the Etihad with a 44th min penalty and then cleared a shot off the line on the stroke of half time.

Bristol City in front at the Etihad, clumsy challenge from Stones and Bobby Reid scores form the spot.

Mangala's fault, the big oaf. Receives the ball in five yards of space, dithers on it for no reason, loses the ball and then gets nutmegged. He's a horror show of a defender.

Bristol City did superbly in the first half, but I think they will face a second half onslaught.

Nice disappearing act from the Bristol City midfield. 70 yards for De Bruyne to run into, right down the middle of the park.

Bristol City players seemed to have lost their discipline since the equaliser. Which is playing into Manchester City hands.

Bristol City have looked way better in this game than they did against us, mainly as their tactics haven't consisted of lamping it towards a mutant centre half that they've decided to put up front. Almost as if they can play football when they want to.

Mangala's fault, the big oaf. Receives the ball in five yards of space, dithers on it for no reason, loses the ball and then gets nutmegged. He's a horror show of a defender.

He's a strange one Mangala really, incredibly highly rated at Porto but has flopped disastrously. I know the Portuguese league isn't the best, but when you consider Boly couldn't get a game for them last year and how imperious he's been for us. Something must have really gone off the boil where Mangala is concerned. Although Otamendi was also pretty good at Porto and he's often a liability for City also.

Otamendi was also very good at Valencia.

Otamendi's been a little bit better this season (less ridiculous diving into tackles that he has no chance of making), still nothing like elite level though and he's helped out by the fact that very few teams actually have a go at City.

It is strange, though. Surely they aren't being asked to do things so differently in the Prem as they were in La Liga and/or the Primeira?

Ha ha ha... Sit back at your peril Brizzle

Back