• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Oooh Shrewsbury should score there

West Ham looked awful today, such a poor performance

Young midfield for Arsenal. They should have enough about them mind.

Bloody hell what a strike by Lichaj

By christ Walcott has gone backwards. Looks terrible for arsenal today.

Debatable second penalty for Forest and then Dowell quite clearly kicks it on to his right foot as he slips taking it but Jon Moss and his assistants let it stand. As for Savage and Fletcher saying the replays aren't clear they need to open their eyes, it's clear that he kicks it on to his other foot and the flight of the ball shows it more than anything.

Debatable second penalty for Forest and then Dowell quite clearly kicks it on to his right foot as he slips taking it but Jon Moss and his assistants let it stand. As for Savage and Fletcher saying the replays aren't clear they need to open their eyes, it's clear that he kicks it on to his other foot and the flight of the ball shows it more than anything.

Oh for VAR.....

Looked like the forest keeper handled the ball out of the area to save Akpom's shot too.

Oh for VAR.....

Well lets hope that the referees aren't as blind as Robbie Savage and Darren Fletcher then because they still can't decide after seeing 500 replays. It's as clear as day yet they can't tell everyone what really happened. Didn't need VAR anyway, it was clear what happened.

As Tredman says decent referees are needed first, but you keep saying that VAR will save everything so you must be right even though i'm not opposed to it if they can prove it will benefit the game by increasing the amount of correct decisions significantly without disrupting the flow of the game.

Maybe you should become a ref Slink. Moaning about ref's isn't going to change the standard of referees and makes it sound no better than the complete cuntpuddles that ring in on Talkshite. (We are all guilty of it).

VAR would have got that decision correct as it isn't being manned by morons like Savage or Fletcher. It may not be the answer long term but at least it will give a different perspective on something which needs change.

Einstein's theory of madness seems to apply here.

How many of you who constantly complain about referees have actually tried doing the job?

How many of you who constantly complain about referees have actually tried doing the job?
I reffed inter-school football for a number of years. Didn't enjoy it, but then wasn't being paid £100k to do it either.

Maybe you should become a ref Slink. Moaning about ref's isn't going to change the standard of referees and makes it sound no better than the complete cuntpuddles that ring in on Talkshite. (We are all guilty of it).

VAR would have got that decision correct as it isn't being manned by morons like Savage or Fletcher. It may not be the answer long term but at least it will give a different perspective on something which needs change.

Einstein's theory of madness seems to apply here.

The referee still makes the decision with VAR though. These are referees that aren't good enough anyway so what's the point of having the VAR when a lot of them will stick by the decision they have already made. How about we get our education of referees right and make sure they understand the rules and how to apply them with common sense. Then maybe VAR will be ready.

I don't trust Jon Moss to make correct decisions in real time because he's a poor referee and countless decisions back that up, i wouldn't trust him after he had watched a video replay either.

Yeah i've refereed before, i understand it's a tough job doesn't mean i can't criticise when i think referees are poor. The standard now is shocking and no one can say anything different. Obviously other things don't help such as players behaviour like diving but it really does come across that year by year they don't understand the game or how to spot players diving etc when a lot of supporters can. If you need 4 or 5 replays or the refs view is blocked then i think it's unfair to criticise the referee but when they are in good positions and it's obvious in real time what has happened then i think it's fair to criticise them.

Many moons ago I had some very good conversations with Keith Hackett and conducted a piece of research with 100 full time referees. The results were illuminating and the research was on technology in the game.

Broadly we found 90% in favour of it and some of the referees I spoke to were great down to earth people just trying to do a difficult job. I think it is too hard for one person to do the whole job and this was backed by the research.

What we did find interesting is that over 97% of decisions were correct bar offside which was down at 85%. We didn't measure the impact of those decisions but I believe a Spanish University did.

Sadly I think the PGMOL hasn't gone forward as an organisation and as such whilst the game has got quicker (tactically the decade that has passed since then has increased the tactics, speed and spatial change) the PGMOL has not reflected this change and do the standard of refereeing has seemed to decline.

I've only refereed junior games and that was over 10 years ago and I found it pretty easy tbh.

Back