• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Rooney should have been sent off there. He went flying in with his leading foot off the ground and made no contact with the ball.

Made no contact with the man either so understand why the ref avoided the decision.

Made no contact with the man either so understand why the ref avoided the decision.

Doesn't matter judging on the arguments for Batth's red; he 'could have' injured someone, so it's a red.

Doesn't matter judging on the arguments for Batth's red; he 'could have' injured someone, so it's a red.

Difference for me is that Batth did make contact. And was coming directly toward the Bristol player rather than from the side.

Holgate a lucky boy there, completely needless push that could've ended badly for Firmino and then grabs the referee in the aftermath too.

Lol. Firmino clearly calling Holgate a Fio Da Puta (Son of a bitch).

Lol. Firmino clearly calling Holgate a Fio Da Puta (Son of a bitch).

Even if Holgate knows Spanish (Portuguese?) I've no idea why hearing that has pissed him off so much.

I'm wondering if Firminio didn't say something a whole lot more offensive than that. It was a hell of a reaction from Holgate.

Difference for me is that Batth did make contact. And was coming directly toward the Bristol player rather than from the side.

Neither player was hurt though and Batth has more control than Rooney. Batth won the ball first as well, Rooney was just wild.

Neither player was hurt though and Batth has more control than Rooney. Batth won the ball first as well, Rooney was just wild.
Agree to disagree on the control, both equally wild in my eyes.

I'm wondering if Firminio didn't say something a whole lot more offensive than that. It was a hell of a reaction from Holgate.

He was lucky he wasn’t off, he did completely lose it for a minute.

Never a penalty in a million years. Lallana should be banned for diving imo. Contact doesn't mean a foul and that was very minimal.

That was my first thought too. Obviously said something which incensed Holgate but I'm not sure how good Holgate's Portuguese is.

Not a pen for me as that's very soft.

He was lucky he wasn’t off, he did completely lose it for a minute.

Yeah, you don't react like that if someone calls you a son of a bitch. Especially after you've given them a nudge. I know what I think Firminio has said, but wouldn't want to insinuate anything too specific on a public forum.

Back