• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Crazy isn't it, this from the man who won leagues with Vieira, Petit and Gilberto.

Does he not sit and wonder why Kante came into the PL and immediately won two titles...

Too bad Bats hasn't won over Conte as Morata has finally shown himself for what he is (and what I thought he would be when they bought him).

Batshuayi is not very good :icon_lol:

Morata is class. Shite finishing tonight, but he's in a completely different league to Batshuayi.

I've been impressed with what I've seen of Morata this season to be fair, looks a hell of a lot stronger than I expected and some of the football he's played with Hazard in particular speaks for itself.

Morata is class. Shite finishing tonight, but he's in a completely different league to Batshuayi.

This

Dan, I really like Xhaka! I think he's taken a while to adapt but I think he is more let down by the coaching. He is a bit like Saiss in that he needs serious discipline in terms of defensive shape and positioning, and Arsenal just clearly don't have that. Plus I suppose he needs a better player next to him, as Ramsey doesn't offer much defensively and Wilshere isn't loads better in that respect.

Too bad Bats hasn't won over Conte as Morata has finally shown himself for what he is (and what I thought he would be when they bought him).

oh ALAN!!

I agree YW on Xhaka, he's an easy target a bit like Saiss was for many last year. Wenger is a bang average manager these days and playing Xhaka in the role he does is one example of that.

Alan, Morata is class. He's another that is let down sometimes by the way Chelsea play because he's not Diego Costa, fair enough he missed his chances tonight but look at how many he got. Bad players don't get those chances.

oh ALAN!!
I don't really rate Morata, regardless of whether Bats is any better than him.

He's good but he's not world class, IMO. Not near the level Chelsea need. Similar to Giroud at Arsenal.

Xhaka isn't a rubbish player, he's shown enough for Gladbach and Switzerland at a high level. But he has been a disaster for Arsenal. £35m and they've got nothing out of him, they're still seemingly none the wiser how he should be used.

Xhaka isn't a rubbish player, he's shown enough for Gladbach and Switzerland at a high level. But he has been a disaster for Arsenal. £35m and they've got nothing out of him, they're still seemingly none the wiser how he should be used.

He's not a holding player which is sort of what he's asked to do with Arsenal. He's definitely someone that needs a player behind him but then probably need someone in front of too so only really suits a midfield 3 especially at this level. I still don't think Wenger knows how to get the best out of Ozil either or create a side anymore. Not sure how he still has a job considering he's pretty much failed for 12 years.

I don't really rate Morata, regardless of whether Bats is any better than him.

He's good but he's not world class, IMO. Not near the level Chelsea need. Similar to Giroud at Arsenal.

Sorry mate think you are way off on this one. Think Morata is all round a really top level striker. Miles better than the Bart, who I actually like too,

Yeah for £35m he hasn't proven value for money that's for sure. Apparently Wenger didn't want him, which kinda makes sense.

Albion will probably need to be averaging a point per game across the season to stay up. So for arguments sake, that's 38 points. That means they need 22 points from their remaining 16 games to get to the 38 point mark.

They currently have 0.73 ppg.

They need to convert that into 1.38 ppg.

They need a serious upturn in form, and with every confidence draining defeat (losing in the last minute to a relegation rival after being 1-0 up can't be anything other than demoralising) that turnaround looks increasingly unlikely.

658.jpg
658.jpg

658.jpg

658.jpg

It all points to an issue with the quality of the squad, which hasn’t improved despite some notable transfer fees. Having finished in the top half of the table last season, West Brom spent a lot of money in the summer. Their net spend of £43.8m was the fifth highest in the league, behind only Manchester City, Liverpool, Manchester United and Everton. But their football this season has been turgid.

They have the fewest wins in the league (two); they have the fewest number of passes; they have seen less of the ball than any other side, with average possession of just 42.5%; they have taken fewer than 10 shots per game; and they have only scored 16 goals in 22 matches, with only Swansea (13) scoring fewer.

Summary: they're boned, they can't even point to lack of money and they're awful to watch along the way.

As top corner as you can get. Sublime.

To be fair it’s about the only West Ham would score.

Back