• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2017/18

Me neither a) because I dislike then intensely b) because the BCD isn't a particularly nice event c) they've lorded it over us for so many years, karma's a bitch.

+1

I'd rather they stay up.

I'm with you Alan. I love the atmosphere of local derbies and there's just something special about them. Yes there comes a lot of shit things like the inevitable fighting but the atmosphere and the games make up for it imo. Can't see them staying up though.

I'd rather them scrape safety and then we can go toe to toe with them next season.

I'm with you Alan. I love the atmosphere of local derbies and there's just something special about them. Yes there comes a lot of shit things like the inevitable fighting but the atmosphere and the games make up for it imo. Can't see them staying up though.

Derby day is absolutely vile. Even when we win, the build up to them and the shite spouted by 'fans' of both sides just doesn't seem worth it. I don't think it's a good atmosphere TBH - loud doesn't necessarily mean good with all the abuse and pure hatred that goes on. All pubs shut, unsociable kick off times - fuck all that.

If we go up (which we will) I want them to go down as I don't want to have to play them next season. I won't revel in their demise though, which I certainly WOULD do if Blues go down.

Derby day is absolutely vile. Even when we win, the build up to them and the shite spouted by 'fans' of both sides just doesn't seem worth it. I don't think it's a good atmosphere TBH - loud doesn't necessarily mean good with all the abuse and pure hatred that goes on. All pubs shut, unsociable kick off times - fuck all that.

If we go up (which we will) I want them to go down as I don't want to have to play them next season. I won't revel in their demise though, which I certainly WOULD do if Blues go down.
Definitely this, the atmosphere against villa this season was much better than any BCD.

the only reason I'd like them to stay up is to allow us to go to the hawthorns next feb, tonk them 6-0, leaving them 15-20 points adrift at the bottom of the table. As said above, karma can be a bitch.

villa game atmosphere was absolutely electric! One of the best pre match build ups ever!

Agreed, Villa was great. Also, agree on BCD. Shitty early kick-off, horrible atmosphere around the place, no pubs. Let them go down and stay down.

Agree with this. The last time I went to the Hawthorns was for the play offs where the match ended with the Albion fans on the pitch goading us and ripped up seats flying past me from the Wolves fans. Fun times.

I don't really hate Albion but will enjoy it if they go down in the same year that we have the best season I can remember. I could live without the BCD for a season or two.

It’s the pre game build up and bull shit I can’t stand. 1200 Sunday kick offs are annoying, as said no pubs open endless cues to get a pint in the ground.
Can live with atmosphere to be fair, don’t use public transport and park to the west side of the ground where they’ll be least trouble.
The worse I’ve experienced was the play off semi final in 2007.

I despair at people who can't cope without alcohol for a couple of hours at lunchtime.

Especially when the only choice is the 'beer' they serve inside Molineux!

Albion's record over their last 30 PL games (since 4 April 2017) is 0.57 PPG, lower than we managed in our final 30 games of 2011/12 (0.60 PPG) when we were absolutely dreadful and rounded off the season on a winless run of 14 games, managed by Terry Connor.

Especially when the only choice is the 'beer' they serve inside Molineux!

Fosun have recently bought 18% of the shares in Tsingtao brewery (for about £620m!), so I suspect there'll be a drop or two of that at Molineux next seaason

Albion will probably need to be averaging a point per game across the season to stay up. So for arguments sake, that's 38 points. That means they need 22 points from their remaining 16 games to get to the 38 point mark.

They currently have 0.73 ppg.

They need to convert that into 1.38 ppg.

They need a serious upturn in form, and with every confidence draining defeat (losing in the last minute to a relegation rival after being 1-0 up can't be anything other than demoralising) that turnaround looks increasingly unlikely.

Not being Wolverhampton based probably don't have the same level of antipathy towards them, but have only done one BCD & found it to be an unpleasant match to attend - atmosphere was faintly toxic

Quite happy if they are not there & we are next season

Opposite for me, i love derby day. As i said there are shit things that come with it mainly any trouble that happens because i'm not having the pure abuse/hatred thing, pubs shut and unsociable kick off times as bad. The whole atmosphere of a local derby is outstanding for me and give me say a chance to play Albion or teams like Swansea and Bournemouth then give me the BCD every day of the week.

Back