• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Not sure anyone can cope with City, all this without Aguero.

Christ, sumptuous stuff for the fourth. KdB could be absolutely sensational under Pep's guidance.

Not sure anyone can cope with City, all this without Aguero.

To be fair they won the first five last season. They do look excellent going forward, but the full backs really aren't elite level and I don't think Bravo is up to it either. Bournemouth make life way too easy for teams at times too, I think they're in big trouble.

As Nando says KdB could be ridiculous under Pep, their season comprehensively fell apart when he got injured last year.

Christ, sumptuous stuff for the fourth. KdB could be absolutely sensational under Pep's guidance.

A few of them could be sensational, Sterling already looks like the player City thought he was when he signed. Stones could come on tons and then they have the likes of Iheanacho. No stopping them imo.

To be fair they won the first five last season. They do look excellent going forward, but the full backs really aren't elite level and I don't think Bravo is up to it either. Bournemouth make life way too easy for teams at times too, I think they're in big trouble.

As Nando says KdB could be ridiculous under Pep, their season comprehensively fell apart when he got injured last year.

I think there's a difference though with Pep, he obviously has more of a clue and an idea than Pellegrini ever did and the players who can make a difference in the final third all look class. Bravo will be fine i think and yes the full backs aren't elite level but they are better than most in the league still.

Delighted to see Sterling with confidence again but KdB just looks on a whole new level. He's looking like Iniesta with goal threat at the moment and that's just about as big a compliment I could give any midfielder.

1-1 at Everton but should be 0-0, fouls on the keepers for both goals. Can't believe they think both should stand, Negredo doesn't touch the ball and hits Stekelenberg and Williams big boots Valdes.

Just seen these, both definitely fouls, textbook levelling up by the ref. Although Valdes showing his customary expertise off crosses, the ball's two yards out and he doesn't look comfortable.

Just seen these, both definitely fouls, textbook levelling up by the ref. Although Valdes showing his customary expertise off crosses, the ball's two yards out and he doesn't look comfortable.

He didn't look comfortable but Williams nearly takes his head off. Watching it live you could see they were both fouls yet Hoddle, McManaman and Webb were saying they were good goals on BT.

Watching Wardy try and defend against Mahrez......

I think there's a difference though with Pep, he obviously has more of a clue and an idea than Pellegrini ever did and the players who can make a difference in the final third all look class. Bravo will be fine i think and yes the full backs aren't elite level but they are better than most in the league still.

Are there any truly elite fullbacks playing anywhere currently? I can't think of any off the top of my head that I'd say, "yep, complete fullback".

Probably not to be honest, Al.

I'd have Alaba at the top of the pile for now. I think Shaw could be the best around soon. I was extremely impressed with Guerriero at the Euros too so it'll be interesting to see how he fares at Dortmund.

Walker is a top full back and does everything as does Shaw and on recent form Kolarov is looking a different class.

Alaba is brilliant and there's no disputing that he's the best of his class. Full backs are a different beast than even 5 years ago where defending is now done in formation rather than individually and the emphasis is joining attacks and providing width rather than out and out defending.

Think about Alaba is you can play him anywhere - which he could do before Pep but became even better under him. Hats what I enjoy most about Pep, he actually wants to improve his player aside from just getting the results which he is also desperate for. You can see the difference in some players already. How many managers would have played 433 with Silva and De Bruyne as two centre midfielders? He finds a way to make he suit them rather than shift at least one of them wide.

He has bigger tests to come but before the season I couldn't see anything other than City winning the league and my mind hasn't been changed.

Kdb is the best midfielder in the prem.. End of discussion, said that last season too.. Personally I think city will win the league

Though there are teams challenging , spurs, arsenal and man u

Don't think Chelsea and Liverpool will have enough

Watford should have a penalty there, referee can clearly see Fellaini has Deeney's shirt but gives nothing and then Watford nearly score.

How has Ighalo missed that??? Open goal and he misses by a good 3 or 4 yards.

Back