• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Can't see that they'd get either of those first two, the prices would be absolutely astronomical.

I didn't say they would get them but those are the players I would be looking to bring in. Arsenal do not need anymore players bar a striker and true defensive midfielder in the mould of Petit or a dynamic one in the form of Viera.

Pointless bringing in any other type of player for them so may as well spend the big bucks to get 2 world class players in.

I didn't say they would get them but those are the players I would be looking to bring in. Arsenal do not need anymore players bar a striker and true defensive midfielder in the mould of Petit or a dynamic one in the form of Viera.

Pointless bringing in any other type of player for them so may as well spend the big bucks to get 2 world class players in.
I get what you're saying but if it were your job surely you wouldn't waste your time pursuing those unrealistic targets regardless of how suitable they may be?

Wanyama has been pretty much ever present at Spurs, no way they want to sell let alone to their biggest rival. Higuain is probably more attainable, Juve seem content to let people go if they're confident that they can replace them but they'd surely want profit on the £60m or so they spent on him. I don't see that being worthwhile at that price given his overall contribution to games and his age. If you're throwing that sort of money around then you might be able to tempt Bayern into letting go of Lewandowski.

I'd agree with that Mark. May as well go and get the big guns. If Arsenal could land a Lewa or Cavani or Higuain (I don't think Morata scores enough goals) then there's no reason they can't achieve the same as Zlatan has at United.

I still think they are a dominant midfielder away from a brilliant team. If they are going to get a real dominant hard man who could drive the team somebody in the mould of Vidal maybe?

Of course these big clubs are thinking the same and Arsenal need a top signing as they have the youth structure and creative signings already in their squad.

I'd agree with that Mark. May as well go and get the big guns. If Arsenal could land a Lewa or Cavani or Higuain (I don't think Morata scores enough goals) then there's no reason they can't achieve the same as Zlatan has at United.

I still think they are a dominant midfielder away from a brilliant team. If they are going to get a real dominant hard man who could drive the team somebody in the mould of Vidal maybe?

Of course these big clubs are thinking the same and Arsenal need a top signing as they have the youth structure and creative signings already in their squad.

The Monaco midfielder Bakayoko looks exactly what Arsenal are missing he has many of the characteristics of a young Patrick Vieira.

Is Higuain still fat? Not that it stopped him banging in the goals.

I think they're short of a LB, probably two CMs and a striker which would allow Alexis to play deeper or wider as necessary.

So I'd look at Bertrand, Kondogbia, Tolisso and Aubameyang. Not cheap but Arsenal have the money and players will join if you offer up the wages. They play in a 60,000 seater stadium in London and have made the Champions League last 16 for the last 17 years so if they're showing the requisite ambition then theoretically there aren't that many more attractive clubs in Europe outwith the obvious massive hitters.

Debuchy, Gibbs, Mertesacker, Gabriel, Ospina, Walcott, Oxlade-Chamberlain, Sanogo, Jenkinson, Martinez, Coquelin, Campbell and Chambers can all get binned, the likes of Giroud, Monreal, Cazorla, Ramsey, Iwobi and Wilshere can stay as squad options.

See what Özil wants but I'm not sure I'd break the bank for him, I can't remember the last big game he really turned up for.

I think they always just seem to get stuck in two minds, do they continue the old Wenger mantra and try to unearth hidden gems or go all guns blazing now they've got more cash and really try to put themselves up there with the really big clubs. Their ridiculous run of CL qualification should be a big draw as players seem to see that as a real pull these days but they never really look like they're ever going to achieve anything in that competition despite always being it, so that probably puts some players off a bit too.

I think we people like Wanyama, Higuain and Lewandowski they missed their opportunity, they've already made the move that gives them what Arsenal could offer, if not more, so there isn't really the draw for them unless they pay stupid money. They never seem to catch these players as they make that big move to the real top level, they've splashed the cash this year on Mustafi and Xhaka which sort of fit that ideal but I can't see either really being a real top level player, they've probably overpaid a bit in both cases for players who are already pretty much at their ceiling.

I always get the feeling that when a really top player like N'Golo Kanté becomes available there's no one on the Arsenal board willing to match the ambition of the top half a dozen clubs in Europe. So in many respects Arsenal are a second choice rather than a top choice club.
Put Kante in that Arsenal midfield and they probably win the league.

The away fans obviously didn't get searched very well on their way into Old Trafford tonight.

Not sure what's more comical, Matt Rhead's massive gut or his atrocious combover.

Nothing changes with him. Dickhead.

Probably got a few quid on himself getting sent off.

Scenes. Lincoln have deserved it too.

Awful marking.

Lincoln may go through, and yes Barton still a cunt

Back