• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2016/17

Ten minutes in and Hull striker Niasse already looks like a competition winner.

Arsenal haven't started the best.

The header from Niasse was decent to be fair. Not a bad game, chances at both ends.

You can see why Arsenal have issues at times, one pass through the middle into the centre circle and Hull were 3 on 3. Hull seem to be doing their best to give Arsenal a goal here though.

Niasse is an odd one, still looks rubbish for the most part but has been pretty effective since going to Hull. Scored a few for them already hasn't he?

Hull robbed by God's hand...

Not much sanchez could have done there

I haven't seen a replay yet as I have only just discovered it is on SS Mix, but if the ball ricochets in completely accidentally off a hand is it actually a hand ball, despite the obvious advantage? I really must confess I am unsure of the ruling in that circumstance. Everything in me is screaming it must be a hand ball.

Linesman can see it clear as fucking day looking at the halftime replay. Bloody hell.

I'm not sure it is, if you watch it in real time it's completely accidental - it sticks in the throat but I don't think it's illegal.

That's my point I guess. You can see it. But if there is a mens rea element to hand ball in the laws of the game (is there? I must confess I don't know if it has to be deliberate) then Sanchez has done nothing wrong.

Asking Thierry Henry about handball goals was rather amusing though. I could hear the hurrumph from Dublin sat here.

Maguire v Walcott earlier was like Arnie v Danny Devito in Twins.

Can't see Hull getting anything here now.

He won't get it, but Dyche is my manager of the season. Their side today consisted of players who individually shouldn't be playing regularly in the PL, - Barton, Westwood, Ward, Boyd, Barnes etc, but collectively are doing really well

He won't get it, but Dyche is my manager of the season. Their side today consisted of players who individually shouldn't be playing regularly in the PL, - Barton, Westwood, Ward, Boyd, Barnes etc, but collectively are doing really well

Totally agree Tony..ha has done wonders with Burnley and probably should be higher up if they could get a point away from home...

I've not seen much of them but based on today's performance I wouldn't be hyping them or Dyche up too much, great point for them given Chelsea's standing and form but it wasn't a great footballing performance for me, he's just got them organised and working their balls off. It's McCarthy-max in my eyes, though poor old Mick never really got much in the way of organisation just pure workrate, I wouldn't fancy watching it every week and I don't think it'd really transfer well to a bigger budget/better players.

Back