• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking through Villa's fixtures they don't have a decent run of games where they can pick up points until the end of December and January.
They could well be on less than 10 points going into Xmas.

Villa Talk (yes I know it is their Molineux Mix, and that is being kind) seem to have a consensus that 10 points at Christmas could be up there with Lazarus walking and the wedding at Cana.

They've got Watford at home before then which looks like the only source of points. The rest of the games look hard, it'll depend on how the Doris around them perform until that point.

Is this what happens to a football club when the owner wants to sell it but has no takers...

...for two years, yes.

It doesn't sound at the moment like we have similar issues, but a long period of limbo would not be healthy

Combination of inept management and a daft recruitment policy.

And a goal back, Spurs their worse own enemy's here.

Kieran Richardson is a truly awful footballer, let alone defender. For a player that came through Utd's ranks, has played in the Premier League his entire career and even scored twice in a game for England!!! to have not even attempted in over 10 years to improve his right foot than being just for balance is pathetic. Poor, poor player.

Villa look truly woeful, think they will go this season. Probably along with Bournemouth and Norwich for me.

Richardson starting over Amavi is flabbergasting.

I think one of the things the whole Villa situation shows is the danger of having a recruitment and managerial team who aren't aligned. Whether the players signed in the Summer are any good or not is a mute point the bottom line is Sherwood clearly didn't want them and would rather play the likes of Hutton, Westwood, Richardson etc. At least is would appear the new manager rates them (otherwise he wouldn't have taken the job) and will pick them. I hope they go down fans have always needed bringing down a peg or two mainly due to the other WM sides being largely poor for the last 30 odd years

Why has Pellegrini dropped De Bruyne to the bench?! Toure and Bony is one hell of an immobile pairing for the most attacking part of a team.

I understand him going for Fernando/Fernandinho in a tough away game and Yaya has to fit in somewhere, but Navas over KdB is just loopy.

As is Louis Long Baal playing Ashley Young at RB.

Peter Schmiechel absolutely picking the current Man United situation to pieces on SSN. Sounds like he is rather less than impressed. Directly asked if they could win the title he said "absolutely no - City and Arsenal have much much stronger squads".

Worried that they will lose fans because of the prices and lack of excitement at Old Trafford as well.

I'm not sure Toure has that devine right to a place anymore, whenever I've seen them this season he's become as lazy offensively as he has been defensively for a while. He's still got immense quality on the ball but his motivation seems non-existent.

I too would generally have him above Navas but with Bony in place of Aguero they need mobility behind him, unfortunately that isn't what Yaya offers anymore. If Nasri or Silva were fit then I'd start either, along with De Bruyne in place of Toure and Navas.

Awful from Gabriel, you cannot step up like that with no pressure on the ball. Just go with Lewandowski and defend.

Arsenal haven't been very good at all but Bayern are so dominant and they have Vidal and Robben on the bench and no Gotze. They should take all the beating this year.

Odd defending from Arsenal tonight. Pressing and standing off in the wrong areas.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back