• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fabio is terrible. One of the things that annoyed me most about that dismal afternoon at their place in August was that VLP took him on twice in the opening 15 minutes and pissed past him both times. Didn't even try to take him on for the following 60 minutes. Incredible.

Fabio has a shout for being the worst player to ever appear in a Champions League final.

Also fairly amazing to still see Aaron Wilbraham at this level, I saw him play for Stockport when I was still at school. And that was a very long time ago.

If only we'd signed Sammy Ameobi with his maverick refusal to accept that the pitch ends where the white line is. But he brought a ball down nicely against us once.

And that's case closed :icon_lol:

Utterly woeful footballer.

Ameobi is so wank, all he ever tries to do is run his man down the line but he's just so slow off the mark that they always get a toe on it before he manages to get going, it's not like he even tries anything fancy to throw them off balance or anything to give himself a headstart, just knocks it down the line and goes.

Few decent chances late on in this one.

He's got no redeeming characteristics whatsoever. Bullet dodged, when I say I prefer Sheyi Ojo who is one of the strangest players I have ever seen, it's a really low bar.

I swear Ojo isn't even fast or strong, has minimal ability beating a man and seems to lack any kind of football intelligence. I know he's only young but I struggle to see how he's managed to get this far in Liverpools academy.

They paid good money for him. I really don't know why based on what I've seen so far. He has a reasonable instinct for getting in at the back post when the ball's out on the right and he can dig out a cross, but that's it. Very little pace, power or skill. Being a better left winger than Dave Edwards or Jed Wallace is not an achievement.

I still can't tell whether I think Ojo has anything about him! Every now and then he does somethinh that shows a sign of intelligence, or good technique striking the ball, or retaining the ball under pressure but they come once or twice a game. Maybe he just isn't ready. He's very highly rated within the England set up too as far as I know.

I think he has 4 assists and 2 goals which isn't a terrible return!

Raw data is dangerous, I mean look at some them. A shot at Fulham that was going wide before Alfie flicked it in and his goal there was one I'd expect a parks keeper to save. The 'assist' at Derby was ok but really it's Henry's cross that's made it. I don't count cup goals because you can be playing any old shite.

Fulham assist looked to be heading in to me (I had quite a good view). His assist against Charlton was a good one - and his introduction in that game genuinely did change the game for the better for us.

But yeah he's an odd one we can certainly agree on.

I've said about him, I expect young wingers to do overdo the skillz if anything. I don't see any skillz from him. So odd.

Maybe it's a Liverpool thing, I think Ibe is bang average and again they paid decent dollar for him.

Liverpool fan on FF swears Ojo will end up as a box-to-box midfielder. Quite possibly one of the strangest things I've ever seen written on a football forum.

From what I've seen of him he doesn't seem to get his foot around the ball properly. Hardly any curve on his crosses or shots.

His crossing is the only thing I like about him tbh. Nothing special about the delivery but he can dig a ball out from a tight space with very little back lift and put it in a dangerous area.

With some of these Premier league clubs now out of The League Cup we could see a few of those squad players being made available for loan deals. Chambers at Arsenal looks in need of first team football away from the spotlight of the Premier league.

Absolutely no chance of Chambers dropping down a division. Alan suggested this too. They've already had to use him several times as Mertesacker has suffered from illness and Koscielny has been injured.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back