• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
He could play as part of the front three like he did against France, or he could definitely play up front alongside another forward in the diamond. I like that there are others performing (Kane, Vardy), others coming back into it (Welbeck, Sturridge) that may actually ease the pressure on Rooney. He's still one of our best players (if not the best)

He did ok in the second half, still doesn't use the ball anywhere near well enough though, a lot of moves break down when he gets it. He didn't hide though and he's been guilty of that in the past.

Yeah maybe he has been guilty of that but i think he was much better in that second 45, he plays like that in a confident side i think he fits in nicely with his work rate and versatility.

Presuming that Rooney is fit, will Hodgson play him?

I think if he's fit he will play him but i don't think he should. Much rather see a combination of Kane, Alli, Welbeck, Vardy, Barkley etc...

Rooney isn't in our best 11 so he misses out for me. Fairly simple.

Absolutely delighted with that. For the first time in a long time I want to watch this team. Fair play to Roy. Cracking effort.

Absolutely delighted with that. For the first time in a long time I want to watch this team. Fair play to Roy. Cracking effort.

How I felt really. They may not even get that far but if they go with a positive approach and play the young, in form players I will enjoy watching them this summer.

Found that a bit of a strange game in some respects, much more entertaining than many England performances of recent years though.

Germany seemed able to control the game for longer periods than England could, they'd happily play it out short under reasonable pressure knowing a quick 3/4 passes between Kroos and the defenders would see England drop off and give them some room to breathe but then beyond that there was relatively little threat, mainly just got switched between the fullbacks via Kroos without ever getting anywhere that would really threaten England.

England on the other hand lacked that control for large parts, though not really surprising considering you've got Henderson as the best placed to take the role that Kroos was doing for Germany, he simply isn't going to control a game in that fashion, think that's an area where there's a lot of scope for improvement but not sure there's anyone who immediately stands out for that role. England definitely held the advantage when it came to threat though, some of the movement from Alli especially made up for the lack of control as he was constantly running off the back of Kroos and Khedira allowing England to get in behind the German midfield, shame he couldn't bag that goal late on to round off his performance. Think there's some reason for concern at the back for England too, worrying how easy Gomez managed to get the ball in the net twice despite a very subdued performance from their attacking players, Reus and Muller barely had a touch, Ozil did nothing of note and Gomez will never offer anything more than a finish.

Positive signs going forwards but I still think there's plenty of work to be done in defence and controlling the game better.

Milleall have looked impressive tonight. I have watched Burton on TV twice in the last few days, and to be honest I have not been over impressed.

Nigel Clough has now had enough time to work his magic at Burton. Wigan look like they will win the League, Burton should still scrape through, but they will be battered next year. Villa Vs Burton in a League game, long odds on that a decade ago!

Predicted teams England vs Holland.

------------------------------Forster.

--Walker--------------Stones------Jagielka------------Rose.

-------------------Milner---Drinkwater---Barkley.

--------Walcott------------Sturridge------------Vardy.

Dutch.

---------------------------Zoet.

-------Veltman-----Bruma--------Blind-------Willems.

---------------------Bazoer---Wijnaldum.

--------------------------Afellay.

-----------Promes--------Janssen---------Memphis.

I am quite enjoying the Southend United v Sheffield United game. It has been very open, and both goals have been due to defensive frailties.

Sheffield United have an excellent following tonight. It is a fair old trip for them, but despite their team being stranded in mid table they have turned up in numbers to support their team.

Payne has been excellent since I turned on! Like the look of him.

3 - 1 to Southend. It seems the Blades are condemned to yet another season in league one. A club of their stature really should have got themselves back in the championship by now. Is this their fourth or fifth season in the third tier?

Got relegated in 2011 - this is their fifth year in League One.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back