• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of an archaic rule innit.

Not really. The law was originally implemented to prevent the thrower gaining too much advantage by almost launching himself when throwing the ball. Referees at lower levels penalise foul throws, those at the the top level should do likewise.

We get at least four foul throws called a match in Micro's under 11s. Mainly as they are probably copying what they see every week.

We get at least four foul throws called a match in Micro's under 11s. Mainly as they are probably copying what they see every week.

This often happens in youth games. The children are taught how to take a throw in correctly, but then they turn on the TV and watch the players take foul throw ins without being penalised. The same law applies whether on a public park in Wolverhampton or at Old Trafford, and this law should be applied correctly by the officials.

Absolutely. Don't mind the refs pulling them up on it at all. Helps them learn the correct technique.

They should pull them up on the taking the throw in miles away from where they should. Even more annoying is when the ref does pull them back....the player walks back to where he is told and then proceeds to run 10 yards down the line before taking the throw in.

They should take a lead from local football where the managers assistant or one of their fans 'runs the line', having watched my son play from about 8 to 16yrs on a Sunday afternoon, penalising the opposition for a foul throw is only beaten by flagging for offside at every opportunity.

You find most referees at kids games don't allow the linesmen to make the foul throw decisions now, and offside only kicks in when they go to 9-a-side at under 11s.

Maybe they should enstate a third assistant ref to keep a closer eye on things. I've always said that one official and two linesmen isn't near enough.

I don't think it's that they go unnoticed, just that officials turn a blind eye to it.

I don't think it's that they go unnoticed, just that officials turn a blind eye to it.

I would like to disagree with you, but sadly I cannot. Too many officials do ignore foul throw ins as they are seen as being petty.

Giacherrini is back in the starting XI for Italy today against Spain. Hard to believe he flopped so hard at Sunderland.

He looks different class to everyone on the pitch and well done Akpom for being there to finish it after Hargreaves and James said he should come off despite him not having any service.

Hargreaves is so bad when I've watched games he's been commentating on.

Slating Guardiola for sticking to his principles passing out from back in last minute during the Bayern - Juve game, minute later Bayern had equalised. Just talks absolute nonsense and shouts stuff you hear from grassroots coaches 'there's no movement!' Etc

Loftus-Cheek seems very overrated whenever I've seen him.

Hargreaves is so bad when I've watched games he's been commentating on.

Slating Guardiola for sticking to his principles passing out from back in last minute during the Bayern - Juve game, minute later Bayern had equalised. Just talks absolute nonsense and shouts stuff you hear from grassroots coaches 'there's no movement!' Etc
Never watch a Dortmund game if he's commentating, he just spends 90 minutes slating Hummels.

Does he? :icon_lol: more reason to hate him then

From Henry Winter "England fans refuse to join in Mexican Wave. Get booed by German fans. “What the f****** hell is that?” England fans respond."

Proud to be English!

He would have if he wasn't injured. Who cares anyway we've played quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back