• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Live Match Discussion 2015/16

Status
Not open for further replies.
FIFA squads would be out of date, Johnny :icon_wink:

At Bournemouth specifically Ritchie, Gradel, and Arter I think are all very good players.

I think Bournemouth have made the same mistake most promoted teams do - padding out the squad with like for like players, but not improving the first 11. The fact that only one of their seven or eight Summer signings started against the Villa speaks volumes.

Not worth trying to change Dan's mind about something. :icon_wink:

I asked you a question, not to change my mind. I don't believe you have seen enough of Bournemouth's squad to form an opinion either way.

I asked you a question, not to change my mind. I don't believe you have seen enough of Bournemouth's squad to form an opinion either way.

Most of their players a bit of unknown quantities at this level but WBA's players are very much known quantities and they are not good enough. It really is as simple as that.

Anyway the comparison was between Bournemouth, WBA, and Sunderland, not just Bournemouth and WBA.

I don't know about that, if you made a Best XI of the three squads I don't think more than three Albion players would make the cut. Not even that many.

So you give me eight Sunderland and Bournemouth players who would get in. Or nine or ten if it's "not that many".

Sick of people passing comment with authority when they can't possibly do so, not just you Alan.

Just for fun, I'll actually put together that best XI out of the three aforementioned clubs...

Foster (WBA)

Mings (BOU) - Lescott (WBA) - Distin (BOU) - Jones (SUN)

Gradel (BOU) - Arter (BOU) - Cattermole (SUN) - A. Johnson (SUN)

Berahino (WBA) - Fletcher (SUN)

The only two I'd really have to wonder about there are Distin and Arter, the former because his health is temperamental and the latter because, as you say, I've seen little of him.

Cattermole!?

You're having a laugh with him. Yahoo is better even if he is a dirty bastard.

I've always thought Cattermole was underrated as a footballer.

Just for fun, I'll actually put together that best XI out of the three aforementioned clubs...

Foster (WBA)

Mings (BOU) - Lescott (WBA) - Distin (BOU) - Jones (SUN)

Gradel (BOU) - Arter (BOU) - Cattermole (SUN) - A. Johnson (SUN)

Berahino (WBA) - Fletcher (SUN)

The only two I'd really have to wonder about there are Distin and Arter, the former because his health is temperamental and the latter because, as you say, I've seen little of him.

Sorry Alan but Distin will be found out as i reckon his legs are gone, Cattermole is just a thug and Fletcher is a shadow of the player he was...I don't know enough about Jones, Mings, Arter or Gradel to pass comment on them

I've always thought Cattermole was underrated as a footballer.
I'd agree, he's no worldly but he's got a bit of football in him when he's not trying to break records for accruing cards.

I'd agree, he's no worldly but he's got a bit of football in him when he's not trying to break records for accruing cards.

Yerp, not cracking any decent teams (except their legs maybe) but not quite the joke he's made out to be.

What a mess of a team that is Alan. Dawson and Chester are proven at the top level and Mings isn't. Van Aanholt and Matthews are better than Jones. Larsson, Morrison and Fletcher are better than the two you've listed centrally and Lens, MacLean are better wide than Gradel (who was decent at Leeds but has spent the last 3 years in a pedestrian French league). Not withstanding you've missed Lambert and Defoe to play with Berahino.

I'd take Gradel and Ritchie over McClean any day of the week. McClean is absolute tosh.

Dawson is a thug, and shit. McLean is shite too.

I don't think Alan's team is that far off. cattermole masks his actually pretty good ability with his thugishness. Every manager he plays for quite clearly likes him. Arter is brilliant though unlikeable.

Not having Distin mind you.

From Albion I would say; Foster, Lescott, Berahino, Chester too possibly. Why are people saying fletcher, he's terrible these days!

I think Alan is more than allowed to give an opinion, it's hardly like he tries to speak with authority.

How dare you! I am the law!

How dare you! I am the law!

STH1-LOGO.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back