• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

So it looks like Therese “not obese and a massive health risk herself” Coffey’s first action at health will be remove all regulation of junk food and healthy eating promotion and she wants to bin the sugar tax too.

I am SHOCKED

So it looks like Therese “not obese and a massive health risk herself” Coffey’s first action at health will be remove all regulation of junk food and healthy eating promotion and she wants to bin the sugar tax too.

I am SHOCKED
It’s all unnecessary red tape in her eyes.

It's win win in their eyes: unhealthy population means extra burden on the NHS so they can claim its not working and force through privatisation plans, and they get support from massive multinational corporations for increasing their already obscene wealth. For the Tories what is there not to love?

I am SHOCKED
Did Ken Clarke get the same treatment when he was health secretary?

There's quite enough policy to argue with without fat shaming people, even if they are thick cunts.

The quote I read said Truss wanted the Government to focus on important things like getting NHS Waiting Lists down. Given the impact of obesity on this list either the Government are thick or think we’re thick not to see the connection.

Is there any evidence to suggest that things like the sugar tax have helped decrease obesity?

I think having calorie counts on menus is great, i've seen a lot of criticism of it though, which i find weird. Surely the more information a consumer has about something, the better.

Having a watershed for fast food adverts can only be a good thing too surely.

Is there any evidence to suggest that things like the sugar tax have helped decrease obesity?

I think having calorie counts on menus is great, i've seen a lot of criticism of it though, which i find weird. Surely the more information a consumer has about something, the better.

Having a watershed for fast food adverts can only be a good thing too surely.
Yep, WHO paper

Did Ken Clarke get the same treatment when he was health secretary?
No. He famously got criticised as chancellor for taking a glass of scotch to deliver the budget when he didn't raise duty on spirits though.

Hope that helps.

Pippa Crerar

@PippaCrerar

Since July 22, Parliament has only sat for 4 days - excluding 2 extra days devoted to tributes to Queen. That means between July 22 and October 17, when Parliament had been expected to return, it would only have sat for between 5 and 7 ‘normal’ days in total.

£ down to an almost 40 year low, with no positive signs of improvement for quite some months. It's gonna be some ride!

£ down to an almost 40 year low, with no positive signs of improvement for quite some months. It's gonna be some ride!
If we stopped talking it down and thought positive thoughts our glorious leader says it’ll be fine.
Bank of England says we are already in a recession, they’ve not taken the advice on board.

Given that some of those companies will trade in UK you could arguably say that our government subsidy, to enable them to make profit, will go directly into the EU coffers.
Can't believe we're paying those twats.

A banker on GMB this morning was lamenting that there was too much regulation and business has gone to the EU.

Then had the nerve to say that bankers bonus cap wasnt all about money.

The 1% of the 1% stealing from us all again.

By-election coming in West Lancashire as Rosie Cooper is taking a role with the NHS.

Pre-existing big Labour majority (held it since 1992) and the Tories have never run them particularly close at any point over the last 30 years, so should be a comfortable hold.

Back