• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

Businesses chucked under the bus for 3 months.

Edit: I misheard what she said.

Help for businesses​

Businesses and public sector organisations will be offered a new-six month scheme offering “equivalent support” with limited detail, which is expected to be an intervention to subsidise the wholesale price of gas. A review will take place in three months’ time to consider whether the scheme should become more targeted.

Last edited:
Its a perfect Newspaper headline policy on the price cap

Fucks us all in the long run. Somehow we will be told giving an industry that makes 170bn profit needs a tax payer bailout of at least £100bn.

Unreal that we're giving these twats £100bn.

Absolutely obscene.

I think this is a penny dropping moment for a lot of Tory voters though.

So many have been mugged off and deflected by the politics of hate but this is exposing the reality in a way that will cost the Tories dearly. Getting completely shafted whilst allowing these wankers to protect their obscene profits couldn’t show you who the Tories are really working for any more clearly.

There will always be lost causes but this is so blatantly obvious it will awaken enough to be a tipping point. They will get annihilated at the next election and a bloody good job too.

The next GE can't come quick enough.

Roughly will take 20 years to pay back the minimum of £130bn being loaned and given to BP etc.

and she said you can't tax your way out of the energy crisis (i.e i'm not making the companies pay for it via tax)....we get 20 years of extra tax to cover it (all to be revealed how and where from next month apparently)

This seems like a very sensible thing to do... 🙄
Kwarteng having his arse handed to him on a plate this afternoon by Starmer now that he’s supporting the policies he described as nonsense a few weeks ago will be some comfort to the outgoing civil servant.
What happened to the old adage that appointments of senior civil servants were meant to be non political?

Big couple of days for her this. Even the blue rinsers won't put up with a monosyllabic eulogy read off a screen / piece of paper

I'm assuming Charles will address the nation with a video speech at some point before his coronation.

His coronation won't be for another year or so.

So much of an inspiration to her that she wanted abolish the monarchy.

Truss joining King Charles on his mini tour to Edinburgh, Belfast & Cardiff.

That feels a bit off. Surely his visits are purely for Royal convention rather than a political statement.

Great publicity, raises her profile further with the general electorate and takes advantage of a sympathetic attitude

She'll be using this just like Johnson used Ukraine. A helpful devastation to be part of.

Clarification on the "tour". She will just be attending the services held in 3 cities and no more.

Back