• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

Boris Johnson 'up for it' and returning from holiday, ally says​

A Boris Johnson ally has said the former prime minister is set to run in the leadership race.
Sir James Duddridge told Sky's chief political correspondent Jon Craig that Mr Johnson said he is "up for it" and "I'm going to do it, Dudders!".
The MP added Mr Johnson is currently returning to the UK from his Caribbean holiday.

It’s all about what’s best “for the party” and the best person to “lead us into the next election”

None of the cunts give a shit about the state we are in now. All about staying on the gravy train.
Alistair Campbell made this point this afternoon.

He agreed some idiot from Peterborough if he'd ever considered the country in all of this. No answer other than, Brexity, brexit.

Looks like we are relying on Chris Bryant to get the Standards Committee finding the fat freeloading cunt guilty as sin in very short order indeed.

@YouGov
YouGov Westminster voting intention (20-21 Oct)

Con: 19% (-4 from 11-12 Oct)
Lab: 56% (+5)
Lib Dem: 10% (+1)
Reform UK: 5% (+2)
Green: 4% (-3)
SNP: 4% (-1)

Electoral Calculus

National Prediction: Labour majority 470

LAB - 560 (+357)
CON - 0 (-365)
;D

LIB - 14 (+3)
Reform - 0
Green - 1
SNP - 52 (+4)
PlaidC - 4
Other - 1
N.Ire - 18

Using current 2019 boundaries (650 seats).

We can but dream :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Looks like we are relying on Chris Bryant to get the Standards Committee finding the fat freeloading cunt guilty as sin in very short order indeed.

Bryant isn’t on the committee for the enquiry as he recused himself as he had already stated that he thought that the oaf was guilty

Can I just clarify one thing... Liz was not working for the country for 44 days.
She was in office for 44 days, but out of that, we were basically shut down for 15 days mourning for the better Liz, she interestingly had a 10 day holiday, so she was working for 19 days.
19 FUCKING DAYS!!
And in that time she destroyed so many people's lives by fucking up the economy and immediately the mortgage industry.
and then, for those 19 days she will get whatever it is, £137,000 a year for life....
Give me a break!

Gullis who resigned from Johnson’s government as a junior minister’s due to the damage he was doing to the reputation of the Conservative party has now decided that the damage has been healed and he can back him to come back as leader.
What a twat.

Can I just clarify one thing... Liz was not working for the country for 44 days.
She was in office for 44 days, but out of that, we were basically shut down for 15 days mourning for the better Liz, she interestingly had a 10 day holiday, so she was working for 19 days.
19 FUCKING DAYS!!
And in that time she destroyed so many people's lives by fucking up the economy and immediately the mortgage industry.
and then, for those 19 days she will get whatever it is, £137,000 a year for life....
Give me a break!
It’s to set up an office. It doesn’t go to her personally. She still doesn’t warrant that.

Sniffer, just checked it out, and you're right....
"Not only will she get the allowance for herself, but she can also access another 10 percent of the funds on top of the limit “to claim a pension allowance to contribute towards their staff pension costs,” says the U.K. government.
Apparently Teresa May takes around £50,000 of it.
Thanks for pointing that out. I'd read it was her pension.

And she gets £115k per year for the rest of her life.
That's not true;

Former prime ministers are entitled to claim up to £115,000 a year after they leave office, but this is for expenses associated with continuing public duties, rather than a salary.

Sunak has his 100
He’s the only candidate they have available really.

None of them will actually pull them together though. The right wing of the party hate his polices. The members hate him because he is brown.

I 'think' I hope it's Johnson with Sunak getting 2/3 of the PCP. He won't be able to form a cabinet or at least one with any credibility and is the quickest route to a GE

I’m hoping they go for Johnson actually so that they actually finish off this sorry bunch of cunts and we never have to see them again.

Wipe them out at the nest GE and then introduce PR and they’ll never be a force again.

The thought occurs that maybe the Conservative Party no longer cares. Perhaps the sum of its ambition is to become the provisional wing of the right-wing entertainment industry: happy to preach to a diminishing band of true believers, and good for a newspaper column or fringe TV turn, while Keir Starmer gets on with the tiresome business of actually running the country.

If so, it can look forward to a Prime Minister staffing his government with fifth raters, since the bulk of the 66 Ministers who resigned in the summer will refuse to serve. If a by-election forced by a Commons suspension doesn’t get him first. If the Tory benches don’t first vote down the report into his conduct that would trigger it, thus speeding the spiral of decline.

The Germans have a word for it: Totentanz – a dance of death. Conservative MPs, peers, donors, hacks and activists caper onwards an open grave, with Death himself – sorry, Johnson – leading the procession. The dance possesses them; it has a momentum of its own; they are powerless to stop.

That’s not from a Tory basher it’s from the Editor of the Conservative Home website.

It’s pretty accurate.

I’m not sure our loveable rogue is as certain to get his 100 votes as he suggests, at least not looking at his favourite pet parts of the press for Sunday. Lots of talk from the “Johnson camp” about hopes of thrashing out a deal to govern with Sunak. If he thought he was getting on the ballot paper there would be no need for that.

Back