• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

He is twelve months from living in a £100m mansion in California. He doesn’t care about this country at all now. If he ever did. He may have a little personal goal of leaving it in such a way that team Boris never ever get close to power again I suppose. Bar that who knows

The Torygraph are reporting that whilst No.10 did see an advanced copy of her Times article, it asked for changes to be made and some of these requests were ignored.

In other news the Rwanda Supreme Court Case verdict will be announced next Wednesday.

They are distancing themselves from her without sacking her. Wise from Sunak

It looks like she's broken the Ministerial Code after No.10 has confirmed that the article wasn't agreed.

In order to ensure the effective coordination of cabinet business, the policy content and timing of all major announcements, speeches, press releases and new policy initiatives should be cleared in draft with the No 10 Press and Private Offices at least 24 hours in advance. All major interviews and media appearances, both print and broadcast, should also be agreed with the No 10 press office.

Of course it has. And now she waits to be sacked as it is her goal. A wise PM ignores it and just quietly sidelines her stuck in post with a message on her desk saying “resign if you want to, but collective responsibility still applies to you for the life of this parliament”

It's a bizarre modern Tory trend that May started with making Johnson Foreign Secretary. Give some absolutely wretched specimen a huge job even though you hate them, don't trust them and disagree with them on everything. I mean what could go wrong?

It's a bizarre modern Tory trend that May started with making Johnson Foreign Secretary. Give some absolutely wretched specimen a huge job even though you hate them, don't trust them and disagree with them on everything. I mean what could go wrong?
Oh I love the Thursday quizzes but I'm struggling with this one. Panic on the streets of London?

It looks like she's broken the Ministerial Code again after No.10 has confirmed that the article wasn't agreed.

In order to ensure the effective coordination of cabinet business, the policy content and timing of all major announcements, speeches, press releases and new policy initiatives should be cleared in draft with the No 10 Press and Private Offices at least 24 hours in advance. All major interviews and media appearances, both print and broadcast, should also be agreed with the No 10 press office.
FIFY

Even the Pritster is putting the boot in....

At the Covid inquiry Priti Patel, the former home secretary, is being asked about the enforcement of coronavirus regulations. She said she spent a lot of time reminding colleagues of the “operational independence” of the police. She also said that polticiains were “not there to dictate directly to the police as to when to arrest people, enforce the law”.

From the Times;

A government minister has suggested that Suella Braverman is fuelling “hatred and division” with her comments about Saturday’s pro-Palestinian march (Matt Dathan writes).
Paul Scully, the minister for London, urged the home secretary to focus instead on “dampening things down” and calming tensions.
h
ome secretary is ‘fuelling hatred’
LIVE
Updated 11 minutes ago

Paul Scully calls for calming of tensions ahead of march planned

Last edited:
Wine (or whine?) o'clock time...

Now correct me if I'm wrong but hasn't there been two leadership contests in the last 18 months. If these shadowy figures were grooming Badenoch to take over and she lost out in both contests then surely they aren't quite as in control and powerful as her book is trying to make out.

She also wasn't even an MP until 2017 and Johnson is the one who kept promoting her.

For whom are they supposed to be a private army? Not sure on the identity of this warlord.

Deemed to be a threat to National Security? Has Khan had this accusation thrown at him?
I bet the prick’s alliance were up in arms condemning a former foreign secretary who went off piste without security clearance to a kgb’s agents castle in Italy. I bet they were even more appalled that he made the son of the said agent a member of the House of Lords against the advice of authorities here.

If only there was a days gap between the main Remembrance Services and the March or even a 2 mile distance between the March and the cenotaph for smaller services taking place so they didn’t have to act as a peaceful deterrent.

Back