• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

IMG_5590.jpeg

Imagine having voted for these utter cunts.

Just listening to the newsagents podcast and Keegan is paying 34m to upgrade her office.

Is it? I think that’s as simplistic as saying all Labour voters favour huge nationalised industries.
I think the vast majority of Tories wanted a reduction in public spending, yes. It was the spine of Osborne and Cameron's election mantra!

The image you posted proves exactly that, they've been reducing public spending throughout their tenure , since 2010, and continued to get voted in. How can it not be what Tories want!?

Hell even Labour got on board with austerity as it was that popular, they daren't fight it, the cowards.

Last edited:
I think the vast majority of Tories wanted a reduction in public spending, yes. It was the spine of Osborne and Cameron's election mantra!

The image you posted proves exactly that, they've been reducing public spending throughout their tenure , since 2010, and continued to get voted in. How can it not be what Tories want!?

Hell even Labour got on board with austerity as it was that popular, they daren't fight it, the cowards.
I suspect if you asked Tory voters from back then why they voted Tory the answer ‘I wanted to cut public spending’ wouldn’t be high on the reply list.

I suspect if you asked Tory voters from back then why they voted Tory the answer ‘I wanted to cut public spending’ wouldn’t be high on the reply list.
Are you saying that Austerity wasn't a huge part of what the Tories got elected on? Remember the song and dance they've made since the note about "there's no money left"!

They're still dining out on that bollocks now.

Cameron never foreshadowed what was to come in campaigning for 2010, not even close.

He didn't even win properly either.

Are you saying that Austerity wasn't a huge part of what the Tories got elected on? Remember the song and dance they've made since the note about "there's no money left"!

They're still dining out on that bollocks now.
I think public service cuts is the consequence rather than the motivation. Low taxation, self interest and small Goverment is the driving force

Cameron never foreshadowed what was to come in campaigning for 2010, not even close.

He didn't even win properly either.
I disagree, the Tory narrative was that Labour had been spend, spend, spend and that this is what had caused the crash (obviously this wasn't the case) they promised a period of fiscal responsibility (austerity) and the people bought into that in 2010, and once again in 2015 (not helped by Labour in 2015 agreeing with them)

They endlessly banged on about reducing the deficit, and millions fully bought into that, knowing full well that means less funding for public services.

I think public service cuts is the consequence rather than the motivation. Low taxation, self interest and small Goverment is the driving force
Perhaps, but those 3 in bold are cornerstones of what it is to be a Tory, we knew what we would be getting with that government, and it was voted for again in 2015.

That's what 'we' as a country generally favour though. I'd like TWF to be representative, unfortunately it isn't. We are a fundamentally a soft right country fuelled by self interest and jingoism.
I totally agree, that was entirely my point that Tred was disagreeing with. "The people" voted for austerity, for self interest, for "control of our borders" for Brexit, for Boris, they knew what they were voting for, it's what they wanted.

I totally agree, that was entirely my point that Tred was disagreeing with. "The people" voted for austerity, for self interest, for "control of our borders" for Brexit, for Boris, they knew what they were voting for, it's what they wanted.
I suppose where we disagree is the overt nature of the consequences of those choices. I guess I have less of a respect for the intelligence of the average voter

People vote for what puts more money in their pocket. Hence low taxation is a vote winner. Simple as that.

That’s because a load of people are fucking racist cunts.

Money in wallet has been an important electoral decision driver for individual voters since time immemorial. If you don’t know that, you aren’t paying attention.

People vote for what puts more money in their pocket. Hence low taxation is a vote winner. Simple as that.
True. But often they vote for what they think puts more money in their pocket but it actually doesn’t.

Back