• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

Since 1979, there's not been a Conservative government that's ever put money in the pocket of the lower middle to working class from high inflation, mortgage rates, unemployment, negative equity it's always been a mirage built on fear and manipulation. Even those that benefitted from private ownership was stealing from them in one way to offer slight benefits, whilst massively providing for others higher up the food chain. The sale of council houses is the only slight counter argument and even that has lead to the absolute cluterfuck the housing market is in today

It doesn’t matter whether they DO. It’s the perception that they WILL.

Take your Brexit thing. Look at the bus. £350m a week, let’s pile it into the NHS. Most voters see that and think wahey. That’s £350m a week we don’t need to find for the NHS to stay the same, so it will mean they can cut my personal tax burden some time in the future.

Honestly Tony. If you don’t recognise that the perception that Conservative voters think a conservative government will make them personally financially better off I don’t know what I can offer to help you see.

Well as an ex Tory voter I guess you'd know. Pleasure as always having a discussion with you

How I used to vote is irrelevant. The point has been established political and economic fact since Milton Friedman was in short trousers. People like the perception that the next government will give them more money.

I know people who still maintain that Cameron made them better off because they paid less tax and took home more in their pay packet. That’s the only thing they focus on and and they are still happy they voted for him.

Since 1979, there's not been a Conservative government that's ever put money in the pocket of the lower middle to working class from high inflation, mortgage rates, unemployment, negative equity it's always been a mirage built on fear and manipulation. Even those that benefitted from private ownership was stealing from them in one way to offer slight benefits, whilst massively providing for others higher up the food chain. The sale of council houses is the only slight counter argument and even that has lead to the absolute cluterfuck the housing market is in today
I should let it go but I still get angry about the selling off of council houses, the idea is great but to not spend any of the money raised (and what was saved on maintenance) on new social housing is a disgrace.
Don't get me started on the 'selling off' of the utilities and British Rail.

World leading response to the problem (to a local crisis) according to the schools minister. You can't make this sort of shit up.

Birmingham City Council has announced that it is effectively bust.

Not necessarily Sunak's fault but the underfunding of councils over a number of years is leading to the types of events.

council funding since 2010 has been catastrophically slashed. cameron & osbornes legacy. That's why some other councils became property speculators.

It's the equal pay debacle that has stuffed Birmingham.

Of course I heard some Tory cunt blaming Labour this morning.

Loads of comments about how it’s a labour council and shows how the country will be run under a labour government, all of them forgetting ( or not knowing) about Croydon, Thurrock and Northampton who were all Tory run councils that went bust

Saw a headline on one of the news progs this morning.......
Keegan gets an "F" in language.
Well it tickled me.

Back