• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

Suppy and demand!

Whether we’d set the prices to be fairer and not just use it to make astronomical profits is a seperate matter

It might not impact the global price of gas. But surely it impacts the UK's price?
They don't sell it to the UK, it goes onto the world market.

Now if we we set up a publicly owned exploration company for gas and say called it British Gas and any gas found went to the UK market then yes it would.

Suppy and demand!

Whether we’d set the prices to be fairer and not just use it to make astronomical profits is a seperate matter
So a basic economics primer is you either increase supply or reduce demand. When it’s a nasty product you should really be looking at reduction in demand.

They don't sell it to the UK, it goes onto the world market.

Now if we we set up a publicly owned exploration company for gas and say called it British Gas and any gas found went to the UK market then yes it would.
I clearly wrongly thought they were doing this to supply the UK. Of course, this is the Tories though so why would they do something that benefits "us" in at least one sense.

I clearly wrongly thought they were doing this to supply the UK. Of course, this is the Tories though so why would they do something that benefits "us" in at least one sense.
What pisses me off even more is that UK taxpayer will be part funding the carbon capture projects that allow them to carry on drilling, extracting and making money.

There is already easy alternatives to oil, coal etc. but I’m not sure we can move away from Gas anywhere soon. That’s a lot of ASHPs to be fitted and then we would have have to increase the supply of electricity (and upgrade the grid to handle it). At least gas is clean relatively to other fossil fuels

Sunak was speaking at the Great British Beer Festival at Olympia in London to highlight a shake-up of alcohol duty.

He said the centrepiece of the alcohol duty reforms is “backing British pubs”.
He said:

Now that we’ve left the EU, we can ensure that the tax we pay for beer on draft in pubs is lower, less than the tax we pay for beer in the supermarket.
But we’re also planning to simplify the system so that the lower the alcohol in the drink, the less tax you pay.

Duty may be coming down but unfortunately, the cost of beer, energy prices, wage inflation and other inflation means that pubs are still closing at alarming rates. How he can champion this as a benefit of leaving the EU shows just how tone deaf he is.

Spirit manufacturers aren't happy as the policy means that their products are now more expensive.

there you go, already starting that when people hear just stop oil they link them to labour,
Just stop oil = protests and holding up traffic = Labour Party, so if you want more protests and stop being able to go about your daily business vote labour

It's a disgrace that no, we're not. We should have been well ahead of the game here, given the UK's suitability to renewable sources.
We could have been almost entirely self sufficient, and not be suffering the massive price rises we currently are.
Which is fair. I don’t know why all new build houses aren’t built with solar and ASHPs…

But replacing central heating and gas boilers in older houses isn’t going to be so straightforward.

New builds are still being fitted with gas boilers and stoves (and my personal pet peeve, washing machines in the kitchen). Insane that we're still at this stage in 2023.

Every time i see the title of this thread, i immeadiately think, " whats the cunt done now" (out loud of course, see loony tunes thread) before i even open it.

First time in years I haven't been there on trade day...

Sunak was speaking at the Great British Beer Festival at Olympia in London to highlight a shake-up of alcohol duty.

He said the centrepiece of the alcohol duty reforms is “backing British pubs”.
He said:

Duty may be coming down but unfortunately, the cost of beer, energy prices, wage inflation and other inflation means that pubs are still closing at alarming rates. How he can champion this as a benefit of leaving the EU shows just how tone deaf he is.

Spirit manufacturers aren't happy as the policy means that their products are now more expensive.
Greene King's Abbott Ale got the silver medal ffs...

Back