• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lettuce Liz then Tetchy Rish! and the battle to replace him

Lineker resigning from MOTD
That's a pity, I'm one if the few that still enjoy motd and controversially I actually like Lineker as the presenter.
I could understand the flak if he'd said his piece on a BBC programme but the pressure put on him for a comment on twatter seems ott to me.

That's a pity, I'm one if the few that still enjoy motd and controversially I actually like Lineker as the presenter.
I could understand the flak if he'd said his piece on a BBC programme but the pressure put on him for a comment on twatter seems ott to me.
Nothing controversial about liking Lineker, he's one of the most likeable people imaginable, and very good at his job

Rather - a forced step back from MOTD until he and the beeb can agree on social media rules.

Absolutely shocking
Just seen this so not an actual resignation, hope he sticks to his guns, it'll be a shame to lose him to one of the shitter TV stations but for him personally no doubt he'll be laughing all the way to the bank.

You’ve only got to look at the Conservative Party donors/ex employees in the key decision making roles in the BBC to understand how absolutely shit decisions can be made. If I was one of his colleagues I’d be retweeting Lineker’s post and with the comment “I agree with you Gary”. They can’t stand down all of them.
Look what Vaughan and Boycott got away with saying.

I always forget he's 62. Doubt he needs the money. They need him more than he needs them.

Most of them have multiple roles in sports broadcasting so they should all show solidarity. Most will be set up for life from their sporting careers anyway.

What a fucking shite state of affairs. Wonder what will happen to Bruce?

So Gary lineker has opinion on the government being twats, has to take a break while they sort out if he can post on twitter= bad.

Fiona Bruce plays down abuse of a woman who had her nose broken by Boris Johnson’s dad =good

Man running the actual BBC who gave/sorted out Boris Johnson a £800k loan =good.

It’s fucked up big time.

I'm not rich by any stretch at all, but if any employer of mine asked me to row back from a (reasonable) personal opinion I'd posted on my own personal Twitter, I'd be telling them to get tae fuck.

The BBC also aren't airing an Attenborough programme in case it upsets the gammons.

"We can't teach people about the planet we live on! They might get ~ideas~."

I'd call it shocking, but I guess it shouldn't be.

If Ian Wright has done it, then puts pressure on the rest to follow. Interesting where this goes

Dan Walker has tweeted that he often stands in for Lineker but won't be doing so tomorrow

Back