• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds (H) build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
After watching Leeds today, I'd go same again except Douglas, but give Jota, Neves and Boly a breather against Bolton.

i hop not. coming over for Bolton match and i want to see the best players give them a lesson !!!

If Costa is truly back then I can't say the drop off between them would be noticable.

Watching what little highlights I have been able to see then he looks like he is getting much nearer back to where he was last season - if he is then the league needs to be very scared as we will have 4 players for 3 positions up front who are better than anything any one else has

I don't want us resting players who are playing well and are integral to the way we're playing.

I don't want us resting players who are playing well and are integral to the way we're playing.

Thing is - we rest players and bring someone else in who is as least as good as anyone else has (cover for Leo & Doherty excepted at the moment though expect both positions will be dealt with in the Jan window).

This year we have round pegs for round holes and are not forcing players into positions that they are not really suited for - yes there are a first choice & a backup, but the backup player isn't that bad.

Negligible impact in this system, IMO.
You'd have to put Cav on the left, Helder just does not play there.

We shouldn't and won't drop Jota anyway (ineffectual to the point of setting up one of our two goals)

Think this will be a very tough game so want to see pretty much the same team as Saturday.....although I'm not fussed who plays lwb or which 2 central defenders we play with Coady

You'd have to put Cav on the left, Helder just does not play there.

We shouldn't and won't drop Jota anyway (ineffectual to the point of setting up one of our two goals)

It's not that Jota was ineffective, he's brilliant and I love him but I want us to look after him.

It's not that Jota was ineffective, he's brilliant and I love him but I want us to look after him.

Yep.

Clearly he wasn't ineffective but something didn't look quite right with him and he wasn't at his best. So I'd rest him. Simples.

Yep.

Clearly he wasn't ineffective but something didn't look quite right with him and he wasn't at his best. So I'd rest him. Simples.

Think that we need him more for Leeds rather than Bolton - so 1 more 90 mins then a rest

Col;d wet and windy evening forecast. Just the right conditions to prove our mettle . I think we are good enough for 3 points here. It great to be able to say we have enough quality and depth in the first team squad to rest Jota. We shouldn't against Leeds but even if we do we should be too strong.

I think Nuno is aware of not over doing it with certain players, Leo often comes off after 70 minutes. I think if he was worried about Jota he would be doing the same with him.

Nuno does not dick around with the team for no reason. That stuff is the preserve of idiots like McGhee, Saunders and Zenga.

Nuno does not dick around with the team for no reason. That stuff is the preserve of idiots like McGhee, Saunders and Zenga.

I dunno, I reckon we should play Jota at RWB for the first 7 minutes and 23 seconds. Just to surprise them.

I dunno, I reckon we should play Jota at RWB for the first 7 minutes and 23 seconds. Just to surprise them.

giphy.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back