• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Leeds (H) build up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glorious goal just outside that timeframe in 2006/7. The ball got hoofed into the Steve Bull Lower at some point and the Leeds fans didn't chuck it back. When we were on the attack they threw it onto the pitch. Ref ignored it, it distracted their defenders if anything and Kightly scored. 1-0, goodnight.

Matt Murray was amazing in this game (like every game that season) as far as I can remember. Great goal by Kightly to be fair too.

Cut in from the right to score with his left foot IIRC - he then attributed it to work he'd been doing with Taff Evans* in training.

* Taff Evans' name will always make me think of a Q&A session with Bully that Del Woppio went to. Del asked Bully whether he thought Taff stepping down from coaching duties would have an impact on the team. Bully said, "His name's Chris Evans and he's left the club to work at Bolton". Stick to the day job, Steve (whatever that it..).

I thought we had a shit record on Wednesdays. That's my pool night and Wolves always seem to lose on those nights when I'm surrounded by Derby and Forest fans to take the piss.

Reckon we will do well to get a draw from tonight, Leeds have some decent players and i think the windy conditions wont look to kindly upon either teams passing game.
Can see it ended up a scrapy game overall.
Thought the rain played a bit of a bugger with our game on saturday to be honest but we will see.

Two crucial games coming up. Win the next two and we are minimum 4 points clear after 19 games with easily the best goal difference. But we're fucked tonight. Cold, dark, windy. These foreign lads won't fancy it at all...

Just made it home after 2 nights away for work and now about to leave for the game. To say I’m in the doghouse isn’t even close :)

No changes n the line up or bench.
lonergan starts for leeds....

Chuffing pissing it down. Got drenched walking to the ground.

Lonergan got to be a clear weak link for them.

Douglas in but as expected I guess! Cav was great on Saturday so if he'd been dropped for Helder it would have been pretty harsh.

With this weather I hope we take a few pot shots at him.

Hopefully Ruddy & the back 3 are on top form - their front 3 aren't that bad at all

Keep the back door shut - we will score

Mildly surprised that Bennett's run is continuing but he's been alright so no real harm in it.

No serious complaints.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back