• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Lambert

Maybe he should have tried to play a bit more expansive football last season, and tried to win some games rather than the garbage he served up.

When there was nothing at all at stake his approach was utterly baffling.

He's kidding himself.

Just like Saïss said. Excuses and inane waffle.

There are a number of far worse managers than Lambo who have won promotion from this league and nobody would bet against themselves achieving promotion from this division if they were given the budget we had in the summer but to compare himself to Nuno shows that he's either completely ignorant of what NES has achieved here this season or that he's just arrogant/deluded.

The facts are, Paul, players like Saiss were here last season and you still preferred to play Dave Edwards.

I wouldn't trust Lambert to get us in the top two even if he was still here right now with our current squad. For example, there's no way he would have got us playing this kind of formation & football.

I think he's chatting garbage and trying to put himself in the shop window again.

He underachieved with the squad he had, he picked terrible players for graft over craft. Paul is deluded.

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

--------------------Ruddy (Steele as back up)----------------

Doherty---------Bennett---------Hanley------------New LB

-------------Edwards---New CM----New CM--------------

--------Costa-----------Hugill---------Weimann------------

He underachieved with the squad he had, he picked terrible players for graft over craft. Paul is deluded.

In January he over achieved. Who would have backed us to beat Stoke and Liverpool away with sides he put out?

He simply lost it during the run of defeats and that was that. As Jinks says he basically telling clubs he is available again.

In January he over achieved. Who would have backed us to beat Stoke and Liverpool away with sides he put out?

He simply lost it during the run of defeats and that was that. As Jinks says he basically telling clubs he is available again.
The cup was brilliant and I think we will always remember that fondly. The league on the other hand when we were expected to go out and attack teams was another story.

I wish him well, I didn't want him sacked to be honest but knowing what I know now he's not on the same planet as Nuno.

We’d have been in the mix. Just like Preston are. But we wouldn’t have been a nailed on playoff place and even them you’ve got to win it. Whereas now we are nailed on top 2 with the bookies

--------------------Ruddy (Steele as back up)----------------

Doherty---------Bennett---------Hanley------------New LB

-------------Edwards---New CM----New CM--------------

--------Costa-----------Hugill---------Weimann------------

We'd probably have Douglas at LB but might not have Costa.

He's talking shite tbh,we'd have had a squad full of championship experience and cloggers,because as we all know you can't do anything in this league with foreigners who can't do it when it's cold and wet

Lambert the deluded fool, doesn't know his own limitations.

Lets not forget that Colin is 4 points behind us with a team full of Championship cloggers. Lambo could have done the same.

There's a massive difference between what Warnock is doing atm and what NES has built at Wolves though.

The other angle to this is plan A with Championship cloggers may even get you up but it won't keep you there. Micks tactics in the Prem were flawed from the start. Dare I say this team would have a far better chance with the style of football we are playing.

Nuno is not just building for promotion he's building to compete in the Prem and that is very exciting.

My question isn't so much "how would he be doing with our current squad", it's "how many of our current squad would be here at all".

I don't think there's much doubt that his transfer targets would have been different. And I think Nuno is directly responsible for Jota, Neves, and Boly (having coached them all at Porto).

His targets may have been different. Mendes' targets wouldn't have been. Hence why Paul is spouting shite from the sidelines.

Thankfully it was never an option. In Fosun's eyes he was nothing more than a safe pair of hands after the Zenga chaos to see us through to the end of the season so that they could tear it all up and return to their original blueprint. Apparently they were talking to Nuno way back in February, Lambo was a caretaker and rightly so.

I am very confident that whilst he might have had us challenging for promotion (I'm not too sure though), there is no way we would be as far ahead at the top as we are, playing the football we do and watching the likes of Neves, Jota and Boly plying their trade. Dave would still be running around in a gold shirt every week.

Take the Blues job if it comes available Paul, you might keep them up.

My question isn't so much "how would he be doing with our current squad", it's "how many of our current squad would be here at all".

I don't think there's much doubt that his transfer targets would have been different. And I think Nuno is directly responsible for Jota, Neves, and Boly (having coached them all at Porto).
Jota, Neves & Boly wouldn't be here. Nuno had to step in to get the deals over the line.

Back