• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Kenny Jackett; The poll to end all polls

Kenny Jackett; The poll to end all polls

• Total voters
Nigel Pearson, Gary Monk.... There are very decent options out of work
Do you trust those in charge to make such a call?

KJ has reached the end with us BUT from this point on those above him are to blame for results and what happens this season. They can see we have gone as far as we can, so the longer they hide and don't have the balls to do what needs to be done they are to blame.

Ideally KJ would walk but it's rare thing for that to happen so it's up to Moxey to do it.

This is an issue for me - but we will come to that once KJ is gone.

I am struggling to think of (realistic) names who I would be happy with as Wolves manager. Would Moyes or Monk come here? Probably not. Rowett is a popular choice amongst Wolves fans but Birmingham will do absolutely everything to keep him, and we are in such a mess he might not be attracted to the job. It comes too soon for Rob Edwards (who is obviously a long term potential Wolves manager - still needs to do his Pro License). Keith Curle is doing an excellent job at Carlisle, but has had issues at previous clubs. Justin Edinburgh I have been a fan of for a while but has not been at Gillingham long at all. Pearson is just a nutcase.

I think we would need to look at options abroad too.

So we can't have Edwards as manager? He's be the most sensible option based on where we are.

This is an issue for me - but we will come to that once KJ is gone.

I am struggling to think of (realistic) names who I would be happy with as Wolves manager. Would Moyes or Monk come here? Probably not. Rowett is a popular choice amongst Wolves fans but Birmingham will do absolutely everything to keep him, and we are in such a mess he might not be attracted to the job. It comes too soon for Rob Edwards (who is obviously a long term potential Wolves manager - still needs to do his Pro License). Keith Curle is doing an excellent job at Carlisle, but has had issues at previous clubs. Justin Edinburgh I have been a fan of for a while but has not been at Gillingham long at all. Pearson is just a nutcase.

I think we would need to look at options abroad too.

I just don't trust Moxey to get an appointment right, we need vision for this and he's an administrator, by their very nature they do not have vision.

It is the end I am afraid, I hoped you would turn it around but I have no confidence in your ability to get the job done, it's time to say goodbye Kenny.

Kenny is a decent (championship level) manager, but sometimes when it goes wrong it does so big time (Jose at Chelsea?) a change is needed for that reason alone.

Would be inclined to task a younger lower level Manager from here in on the basis that there is enough in this squad to not get relegated (& it is a different situation from last time we said that in that they are a younger team who need leadership from here rather than one which had no ability to play any better).

There is the platform & sufficient personnel to improve

So we can't have Edwards as manager? He's be the most sensible option based on where we are.

We can but I don't think we would think he is ready yet.

I just don't trust Moxey to get an appointment right, we need vision for this and he's an administrator, by their very nature they do not have vision.

To be fair to Thelwell - he has had one appointment and however badly we are doing now the two years previous have been excellent with Jackett and that was his appointment.

The difference this time is we don't have the summer to go through a detailed recruitment process with different stages of interviews. But he gets the chance to prove he can make another good choice for head coach.

We can but I don't think we would think he is ready.

For me, it would make sense to give him the job until the end of the season and re-address when we know where we are owner wise. I know it didn't work with Connor, but this is a totally different situation,

For me, it would make sense to give him the job until the end of the season and re-address when we know where we are owner wise. I know it didn't work with Connor, but this is a totally different situation,

This is probably the most sensible option for me, no more of a risk that any of the other candidates

He's been brilliant for us and is the kind of character I want managing my club - decent, honest, straightforward. But his decisions this season have been fucking stupid. Relentlessly and consistently stupid.

Definately time to go.

He's been brilliant for us and is the kind of character I want managing my club - decent, honest, straightforward. But his decisions this season have been fucking stupid. Relentlessly and consistently stupid.

Definately time to go.

Cannot be having this argument where we keep Ken because we don't trust the club to find a decent replacement.

1) Given how fucking awful we are at the moment on every single level, it really couldn't get that much worse.

2) I'll take my chances that our amateur directorship can find someone relatively competent rather than stick with more of Ken's 2015 vintage rubbish. They don't have to be a budget Pep, basic competence will do. There are tons of managers who would improve us and we are not that unattractive a proposition as a club.

3) I'm starting to think we could very well go down if we don't make a change, and I never want to see League One again.

If you discount Pearson, Monk and Rowett because for various reasons they won't come, then Justin Edinburgh is the stand out candidate for me. Brought Newport out of the conference, moved on to Gillingham and turned them into a play off Div 1 team. We'd have to pay compo though, so not sure we'd want to do that

I'm not saying anyone's wrong for wanting Jackett sacked, but for those saying, "It can't get worse." Weren't some of you saying and thinking that when we sacked Mick McCarthy while in the Premier League? Then two relegations later...

Yeah, the issue is I'm not really minded to keep Kenny Jackett because he'd probably get us back out of League One if he ended up taking us there, which is a very real possibility now. We *could* get worse than this, but not by that much and to do so we'd have to appoint someone as fundamentally stupid and useless as Dean Saunders. I don't think even our leadership is so inept as to do something like that again. The odds are we would find someone who would get more out of this squad than Ken currently is, as it wouldn't be particularly difficult to do so. By what degree they do better is down to the quality of our managerial search and then ability to attract whoever it is we identify. This is essentially boiling down to the sole reason for keeping him, "we could get someone worse and we have made a mess of things before". It's not really a very good reason.

As for Mick, had I known we were effectively accepting relegation in mid-February, there is no way I'd have sacked him.

I'm not saying anyone's wrong for wanting Jackett sacked, but for those saying, "It can't get worse." Weren't some of you saying and thinking that when we sacked Mick McCarthy while in the Premier League? Then two relegations later...

I know what you are saying, but at that time behind the ifs,the buts, and whataboutary, we were dead men walking, as someone who couldnt go to many many games but was at the Albion one from an outside point of view I thought we are in deep shit and as insightful and clever we all think we are on tintenet, we are not in the inner circle of football, the rumours at the time were that the dressing room was toxic and the fact of the matter was no-one with even semi-serious designs in the management world would even touch us with a barge pole spoke volumes.

This scenario is entirely different there is a base too build on, from the squad we have, plus the academy ones, there is an opportunity there for a good ambitious manager to do something*

That's if the board have the good sense to appoint the right fucker.

My initial reaction to yesterdays carnage would be to desperately call for Morgan to relieve Jez Moxey and Kevin Thelwell of their jobs and I don't say that lightly. Give KJ complete autonomy. The players are with him. The club will freshen up immediately. They have a very overcomplicated forever spiraling mess that needs simplifying and reducing to KJ, Gallen, the players and US. Please act Mr Morgan.

That would be unfeasibly bad. Sack Jackett FFS. The problem is playing side.

Consistently voted for sacking Jackett - and sorry, Papper, giving him totsal control is madness. All you'd get is Millwall in the West Midlands. WE need a new, younger manager: we've seen it with Mick and now with Jackett (might even be the case with Mourinho) - once a manager gets past 50 they seem wholly unable to embrace new ideas and simply do what they've always done

personally i think the problems are more than just playing side, it's also to do with lack of strategic thinking at board level. i mean no matter what people thought of stearman, for us to be left with virtually no options in our back line is unbelievable. i struggle to believe that was KJ's decision to sell. i think there's been some uneasiness all season in that regard.

but i also think we need a change. i'm not sure how long the board would come to that decision. if SM was still involved i think it would be quicker. i think Jez has shown he is more likely to give extra time to managers, particularly if they've had any past success - DJ, MM probably both went longer than was desirable. and he wasn't going to sack hoddle, though that may have had more to do with money.

also, as any change would need to be done swiftly i'd hope the club do sound out replacements in advance rather than us have the will he won't he curbishley debacle.

Can't see it happening before Christmas, Boxing Day will be the catalyst, another loss especially in front of a holiday crowd will see him gone.

Back