• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Kenny Jackett; The poll to end all polls

Kenny Jackett; The poll to end all polls

• Total voters
There are still a fair few of the anti-Morgan/Moxey brigade that are siding with Jackett at the moment.

Yeah, damn Morgan and Moxey for continually picking that team...

The fact that Jackett is still I post does make you wonder how bad it has to get before he gets sacked. It's like Groundhog Day.

Let's face it you can blame owners all you want the players we have at our disposal are good enough for top 10 without a shadow of doubt. Kenny has never known his best 11 and his tactics are so negative it makes you sick. His substitutions would be hilarious if it was Albion doing them. He picked us up in league one the players on the pitch were the ones not blamed for relegation and buoyed by the new managers belief in them. Promotion was not that difficult with the quality we had and the players thrived on winning so much they carried great confidence into the next season.
Already problems were brewing.
Why wouldn't players be glad to see him go he is so unfair in his selection policy he has destroyed the spirit he helped make. One setback and we visibly shrink. QPR was enough for me we go 2_0 up and his negative instructions unnerve the team they can't pass to each other I said to my brother and the guy next to me we will throw this away at 2-0 (yes they said glass half empty as well) but on the way out we were totally stunned. Let's be fair games we have won handball winner teams getting players sent off is the majority. Kenny get the f### out of our club. Don't rate you never did

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

The "lack of investment" ethos has been disproven time and time again.

Jackett's time to go has come, but I'd hardly call him a "failed" managerial appointment.

If we sign Zyro will the welcome thread be The Pole to End all Poles...

If we sign Zyro will the welcome thread be The Pole to End all Poles...

Get over to Franks Laughter Cemetery... There's no room for that sort of thing here :icon_lol:

I've changed my mind. Give Kenny the week - 3 games in 6 days can determine his future and we then have an 11 day window (in league games) to replace him if results haven't improved.

I've changed my mind. Give Kenny the week - 3 games in 6 days can determine his future and we then have an 11 day window (in league games) to replace him if results haven't improved.
I said on another thread this is exactly what I think will happen

I'm gobsmacked he hasn't gone already to be honest but if he survived that then he's surviving until the new owner comes in it seems.

I said in the last two threads I wouldn't trust the new owner but I've started to think it's a risk worth taking at this point.

Whats the point of sacking him?

We'll get Kourtney Hause fit under a new manager, we'll sign Mike Williamson under a new manager, results will improve under a new manager, and people will have the audacity to say that Kenny's departure is what made the difference, even though the exact same improvement would have occurred under Kenny.

He's top man, and I had no complaints under him until about two months ago. Bollocks to the modern principle of sacking a manager as soon as you hit a bad run of form, it's a self-defeating prophecy.

A new manager might find some way of properly pairing Afobe and Le Fondre at some point, as it really isn't that complicated. A new manager almost certainly wouldn't have Dave Edwards as a fixture in the team, parking our least technically gifted player in the position where technical ability is the most important thing. A new manager might occasionally change his starting tactics. A new manager might think it's a good idea to attack against the likes of MK Dons at home. A new manager probably wouldn't play Matt Doherty full stop, let alone play him at left back. A new manager probably wouldn't end up with a squad containing a billion non-scoring central midfielders. A new manager might think that having two quick, direct wingers in the starting XI rather than one is a decent plan. A new manager might win more than two home games in half a season.

Loads of reasons. I have a lot of gratitude for Kenny Jackett but he isn't turning this around in any meaningful way. We have been absolutely appalling to watch all season, it's unacceptable.

Penk wasn't he (Frankowski) the piece to end all jigsaws though?

Whats the point of sacking him?

We'll get Kourtney Hause fit under a new manager, we'll sign Mike Williamson under a new manager, results will improve under a new manager, and people will have the audacity to say that Kenny's departure is what made the difference, even though the exact same improvement would have occurred under Kenny.

He's top man, and I had no complaints under him until about two months ago. Bollocks to the modern principle of sacking a manager as soon as you hit a bad run of form, it's a self-defeating prophecy.

This is far too simplistic.

Last November was a poor run with those five straight defeats. If we don't win tomorrow we won't have won at home in three months. You also fail to take into account the overtly negative tactics, blind faith to underperforming players, players out of position, underutilisation of substitutions and more all of which Kenny shouldn't need to be replaced over but he's made his own rod here and everybody I speak to says the same thing lovely man who sorted us out and sad its came to this.

This is far too simplistic.

Last November was a poor run with those five straight defeats. If we don't win tomorrow we won't have won at home in three months. You also fail to take into account the overtly negative tactics, blind faith to underperforming players, players out of position, underutilisation of substitutions and more all of which Kenny shouldn't need to be replaced over but he's made his own rod here and everybody I speak to says the same thing lovely man who sorted us out and sad its came to this.

Yes it is simplistic...but more simplistic than changing the manager? I'm not so sure

As he hasn't gone this week it's clear he won't be sacked unless his position becomes completely untenable. I'd say that's at least 3 defeats over the next week away

Sorry but I disagree Frank. 9 gratefully received points but the performances have been beyond awful. The play is dreadful.

It gives me no pleasure to say this, but if we had a poll today, sadly I would vote for KJ to leave Wolves. He did a magnificent job in his first two years at Molineux, but unfortunately, things have gone very wrong. The last thing I want is for KJ to be subjected to loads of abuse, and being forced out. He deserves better. I would rather he leave now, than have to endure McCarthy style abuse,. Although I think people above him have a lot to answer for.

Back