• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Kenny Jackett; The poll to end all polls (Part Deux)

Kenny Jackett; The poll to end all polls (Part Deux)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Nobody is arguing the fact its rancid, I just think this period is a means to an end, the football will improve off the back of three wins, how adventurous did you imagine we were going to get after the three results prior to these ?

You said we wouldn't get in the play offs before the season started. You said from 10th to 7th. So we are on way to doing that.
So now you know I am always right lol.
Seriously if you think that football is commendable then you are easily pleased. I don't expect promotion but i expect football. 3 backs to the wall victories is good but on paper but we are shocking.

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

So now you know I am always right lol.
Seriously if you think that football is commendable then you are easily pleased. I don't expect promotion but i expect football. 3 backs to the wall victories is good but on paper but we are shocking.

The bad news for you is that I voted from 10th to 7th too. So great minds think alike. I would rather be shocking and winning. When you really have to worry, is when you are shocking and getting stuffed every week!

Nobody is arguing the fact its rancid, I just think this period is a means to an end, the football will improve off the back of three wins, how adventurous did you imagine we were going to get after the three results prior to these ?

I take you back to Bournemouth last season on the back of Derby 0-5, Brentford 0-4 and Forest 0-3... We still lost to AFCB but it was a great performance only hindered by relying on Danny Graham for goals and Mike Jones taking centre stage. I felt more positive that times were changing with that loss than I do with the current level of performances and winning.

Bournemouth game saw Doherty at LB and Edwards playing next to Kev and VLP as our striker.

Imagine rolling out that now...

Turgid trash football with players [laying out of position is not something I want to see long term. He has had a major dose of December fortune where the players have defended him out of the shit selections in games and we somehow have squeaked 9 points from 3 games when 5 would have been seen by many as unjust! You cannot polish a turd I agree and our squad needs strengthening but his selections, substitutions , mentality etc still baffle me this season.

I've got to agree Cyber, Kenny has done some very strange things this season tactically and subs. These three victories were certainly carrying an element of luck, which is great. However it is horrible to watch. It will be interesting to see who comes in Jan, and if the results can also have some decent performances. If Kenny can evolve and improve this I may change my mind, but in the long run I really don't see him as the answer.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

Turgid trash football with players [laying out of position is not something I want to see long term. He has had a major dose of December fortune where the players have defended him out of the shit selections in games and we somehow have squeaked 9 points from 3 games when 5 would have been seen by many as unjust! You cannot polish a turd I agree and our squad needs strengthening but his selections, substitutions , mentality etc still baffle me this season.
One thing I will say for Kenny is at least the players are fighting for him.

Obviously we should be expecting this as a given but after the insipid displays before Christmas I thought he'd lost the dressing room as well as the plot. He seems to have turned that around at least.

3 games ago I was completely in favour of his sacking the football is terrible to watch irrespective of the results. 3 wins later and the football is still appalling but we are winning. My problem is that even if KJ improves the team and we get promoted we will get smashed every week playing that brand of excrement. I would love nothing more than humble pie but I still seriously doubt Kenny has the minerals to get us where we need to go.

Sent from my SM-G901F using Tapatalk

Before the Reading match I could understand the argument for Kenny to be sacked. I didn't agree with it, but I could understand it. After 3 wins with no goals against, I can't see the logic in sacking him. I can understand people wanting a better quality of football and hope that will come.
The only way I could understand Kenny being sacked, would be if we were bought by a billionaire, who would invest heavily. I doubt that is going to happen, but if it did, I would want a high profile manager who knows how to to buy and form a top class team. I would love for that to happen, but I doubt it will.
So we go back to what we have. A manager who has 3 back to back wins. I can see an obvious arguement for wanting to play better football, but I can't understand how anyone believes it is now logical to sack a manager who has just won 3 matches.

Before the Reading match I could understand the argument for Kenny to be sacked. I didn't agree with it, but I could understand it. After 3 wins with no goals against, I can't see the logic in sacking him. I can understand people wanting a better quality of football and hope that will come.
The only way I could understand Kenny being sacked, would be if we were bought by a billionaire, who would invest heavily. I doubt that is going to happen, but if it did, I would want a high profile manager who knows how to to buy and form a top class team. I would love for that to happen, but I doubt it will.
So we go back to what we have. A manager who has 3 back to back wins. I can see an obvious arguement for wanting to play better football, but I can't understand how anyone believes it is now logical to sack a manager who has just won 3 matches.
I can't see how three games of insipid anti-football would have any effect on people's opinions.

I can't see how three games of insipid anti-football would have any effect on people's opinions.
I agree, I think now it's time to give it 5-6 games and see how things go, after new recruits come in as we need more 'power' (or better players). It's pretty obvious even before the last three wins, that Kenny would have to have a run of truly dire results to be under any real threat. I do hope this is just a short term measure because it is the worst football I have ever seen, but we can only hope Kenny genuinely means this transitional period is a short term measure.

Sent from my D5803 using Tapatalk

He has not lost the dressing room. He must have a better second half of the season tactically and performance wise for me. I would have liked the change and new manager gets a window but that won't happen so all I can do is hope for better from ken and more new faces to add strength and quality

KJ sounds so happy with these displays that it won't change, why would it? Results is what counts according to almost everyone after they win. When they lose of course performance is the mitigation. Kenny has reached his nadir football wise and he's won 3 out of 3 with these anti-football backs to the wall displays. he still picks the wrong team and tactics for me but who am I just some punk who pays good money season after season. Molineux is emptying did anyone believe the attendance figures for the last 2 home games. We can't sack him now but I would be lining up a replacement regardless of the finishing position. He doesn't get the best from what he has and so it doesn't matter who he gets. Let's get rid before we become Wimbledon in disguise (and that's only if we can create an outball)

Yeah. Cos what KJ says publicly is always gospel isn't it? :spaz:

Has any team been promoted from the championship to the PL, without a chairman?

He'd get crucified on here if we switched to 4-4-2 and went back to conceding soft goals against Fulham next Tuesday. He'll also get slaughtered on here if we stick with the 4-5-1 and grind out another 1-0 win, being accused of negativity and anti-football.

A lot of people have staked their self-anointed reputations for football expertise on Kenny being a dead man walking, and the hubris involved means that he'll never win some back around. Thankfully, the majority view on here is actually the minority view amongst the fans.

You're quite right he'll get slaughtered if we play the same way, as it is shit.

Oh great, another twat telling us we're not proper fans for critiquing the manager and his tactics.

Back