• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

Going to be some interesting juggling of lines in north london. Hull would surely go into King's Cross?

EDIT - Tony explained it!

Did he deserve it though? Has he been taking more freebies or did he just like a Facebook post?
I was referring to the rabid right wing rags that continue to pedal the myth that BBC is full of people such as yourself (no offence intended) rather than the morals of the current Prime Minister.

Nick Robinson was chief political correspondent as long ago as 1999.

I would only ever describe John Humphrys as various shades of right wing and he was there for bloody decades.

Robbie Gibb, big time Tory and Brexiter, there again for decades and went on to work directly for T-Bag when she was PM.

It's always been a myth.

I find it bizarre that people (including my own friends) are going in so hard on Starmer, yes he's done some daft things but he's had a few weeks in the job, got to give him more time to show what he's made of. Its like the previous 14 years never happened. Dont think the Tories got as much stick over the whole of their tenure. Even the Madness of Truss and the bumbling incompetence (also the corruption) of Boris didn't seem to garner the same vitriol.

I find it bizarre that people (including my own friends) are going in so hard on Starmer, yes he's done some daft things but he's had a few weeks in the job, got to give him more time to show what he's made of.
I do agree with you.

Although had this sort of statement been made regarding Boris by his supporters we'd have laughed at it (including me)

I'm not sure he's even done anything daft tbh. The Taylor Swift thing is just nothing and I'd say the same if it were Johnson or anyone else. The political decisions are just that. I might disagree with some, but they aren't daft. Too many people who can't form their own opinions so just parrot what they read on social media

Last edited:
I'm not sure he's even done anything daft tbh. The Taylor Swift thing is just nothing and I'd say the same if it were Johnson or anyone else. The political decisions are just that. I might disagree with some, but they aren't daft
Yeah daft was the wrong word, maybe a bit thoughtless given the previous incumbent.
No he's done nothing wrong but he should have known the right wing media would be looking for any little thing to have a go.

If they are making an issue out of the Swift thing then they'll find anything. Pointless him trying to do anything about that apart from not actually doing something stupid

The glasses and the clothes are a poor look. The football and rent of an apartment are explainable. I am biased but the Swift security story is as bad as it gets to throw stones at considering there was a terror plot thwarted in Austria involving her concerts the week before.

They are the Government and they deserve scrutiny. I think Alastair Campbell commented that the delay of the budget has been a poor idea as its led to months of speculation and headlines that it wouldn't normally attract.
I make the mistake of looking at the Kuenssberg piece on the BBC page on a Saturday night and it been all about Labour for some weeks now, even when the Conservative conference and a leadership contest has been on. I'd say that needs looking into from a BBC perspective especially as in one of the weeks she accidentally sent Johnson her questions and notes for her interview with him which meant that the whole thing was pulled. In hindsight, probably a good idea not to have it full stop with her opposite him as all of the ones that were done, even from sympathetic interviewers, showed him up for what he is.

Back