• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

Yeah I'm in the same boat as EP, my feed is full of it. The WFP and a train driver pay rise in the same week was simply brain dead. The most devilishly clever political strategist in the country couldn't have written a better start from an opposition point of view. It's message that the tories have barely had to push, so easily has the public picked up and ran with it. Both policies that I broadly agree with save for some tinkering around the edges, but fuck me you couldn't have imagined a more damaging start, and it's absolutely amateur.

Extremely short memories, Cameron and Osborne’s austerity and Nick Clegg pissing all over lifelong Liberal supporters for his little bit of glory.

These pay disputes being settled won’t be remembered in 18-24 months. Get this sort of stuff out of the way early, take the flack and then there will be bigger and better issues to deal with in the future.

Most of the general public won’t remember.

Pensioners winter fuel payments won’t quite get the same leeway (even if I agree with the principle of it being means tested) but the same again, 4.5 years until the next election is a lot of water to pass under the bridge before then.

Back