• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Keir Starmer at it again..

They also called it a victory tour. Want to see his open top bus parade ideally

Another shocker today from keir, spoke to schoolkids who were practicing choral singing for the kings visit to the senedd in Cardiff, treated them with respect, was interested in what they were doing, didn’t make it all about him, it’s going to take a while to get used to this isn’t it ?

Subject to court proceedings. Good chance it wont happen. Still a shit move though

Subject to court proceedings. Good chance it wont happen. Still a shit move though
May even be why he is doing it, to appease the transphobes and then say “I tried but the courts stopped me”. Think that may make it even worse to be honest

it’s going to kill children.

He’s citing the Cass review - lol - which doesn’t even say to ban puberty blockers anyway l.

Might have misunderstood but seems there's a ban until more evidence is gathered? This makes total sense to me and I'm no fan of Wes.
There is plenty of evidence, but the Cass Review cherry-picked what it wanted to get the answer it was established to achieve (ie eliminating longstanding treatment pathways as part of a campaign to make transition more difficult). Studies which found positive outcomes for gender-confirming care were dismissed on tenous grounds, and submissions from experts in trans healthcare were routinely dismissed or ignored (as were those from groups campaigning for better healthcare for trans people) while simultaneously transphobic campaign groups were welcomed in, listened to, and had their bigoted twisting of the evidence acknowledged and integrated into the report's conclusions.

These medications have been used for decades across most Western countries without adverse effect in the vast, vast majority of cases, and there is a large body of medical data establishing their safety. This situation is entirely a moral panic whipped up by transphobes and laundered into the political mainstream under the guise of "protecting children" by a small coterie of fellow travellers in the media whose attitudes towards the trans community range from patronising to hostile.

"Implementing the Cass Review" is itself a victory for institituionalised transphobia and there's a reason there's a huge backlash to it across both the LGBTQ+ and medical communities. The consistent issue with healthcare for children experiencing gender dysphoria - as it for adults - is not that they're being "rushed through the system" or being brainwashed into accepting some radical "gender ideology". It's the exact opposite. The waiting lists are exceedingly long, and the Tavistock was frequently a gatekeeper to care, not a provider, within a system which routinely dismisses the psychological distress of being unable to transition medically. Yet what's happened since the Tavi closed is that things have become even worse, and it's no surprise that the main topics of conversation among trans people I know are about how to secure hormones on the black market or from abroad, or even emigrating.

Not giving children puberty blockers - allowing them to go through physical changes which they do not want and are capable, with guidance and help from experienced professionals and caring adults in their lives, of understanding the ramifications of - is medically much riskier and more dangerous than the other way around. Whatever this new study is that Streeting's talking about is presumably another figleaf for indulging the bigots.

Last edited:
Hoyle selects the SNP amendment to include a vote on the abolition of the two-child cap in the King's speech. Obviously it won't go through, but at least it's front and centre; I think/hope it will scrapped at the Autumn statement

Seven Labour MPs have the whip removed for voting against the government.

I get it, but I really don't like it

Back