• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

Think Bowen from Hull would be a smart signing good player and can play wide or through the middle as a 2nd striker so would be useful even if we went back to 3-5-2 at any point.

I'd like us to go all out and sign Ben White from Brighton.

He'd cost a fortune but he's a superb player in a position of need.

To be really harsh are Eze and Bowen any better than Cutrone & Neto?

I understand they don't play in the same positions

They're all young players, you don't just buy them for now (one of the reasons why I'm not too bothered about Cutrone's muted impact so far).

Eze can be anything he wants to be, serious baller.

To be really harsh are Eze and Bowen any better than Cutrone & Neto?

I understand they don't play in the same positions

Don’t know about Eze, not seen him enough, but Bowen definitely is.

Neto’s gone from pretty much zero first team football to a top half PL team. He might become a world beater but at the moment he’s not good enough. Jota was playing poorly yesterday for his standards but We could have bought Neto on and I’m confident he’d be even less effective. Nuno clearly agreed.

But we left ourselves short in the summer.

A CM who can play if Neves or Moutinho aren't available or need a rest but could also play just in front of them if we want to go two up front.

I definitely want us to sign a new forward who can compete with Jota and Traore in a more realistic way than Neto can.

Todd Cantwell, he'd make a great 10 for us. Sign him up before Liverpool or Man City do.

What I've seen of Neto and Jordao suggests to me that they're both future Premier League footballers if nothing goes wrong. Jordao was especially impressive in that cup game before his injury, IMO.

Of course it could be that they look good relative to the expectation that they were "Mendes Favors".

Todd Cantwell, he'd make a great 10 for us. Sign him up before Liverpool or Man City do.

Don't think I'll ever be able to get on board with Cantwell, looks a good footballer but something about him just makes me think I'd never get bored of punching him in the face.

If money's no object, we should put a serious bid in for Zaha. I'd also go for Ben White at CB.

That's a fair chunk of change to get those two though. I think Eze is a good player and Kessie shouldn't cost the earth either given Milan's parlous financial state.

i don't rate Bowen at all but he does have a good goal record.

If money were no object fee wise, I think Zaha would be an issue wages wise. You put someone on what he'd want and everyone would want a bump. Wouldn't question him ability wise obviously.

I know why he's not here, I know he's not coming back, but Cav comes on at 70 minutes yesterday. We have to get someone Nuno feels he can do the same with. I started the Bowen bandwagon, I'm going to continue driving it. He's super, smashing, great

Cantwell looks good but I am a bit nervous he could be a bit of a Michu, short term ridiculous and then fade away type.

Cantwell looks good but I am a bit nervous he could be a bit of a Michu, short term ridiculous and then fade away type.
Cantwell is a bit younger than Michu was when he had his inexplicable purple patch for Swansea, IIRC.

Don't think I'll ever be able to get on board with Cantwell, looks a good footballer but something about him just makes me think I'd never get bored of punching him in the face.

Yep. Know where you're coming from. I always felt the same about Lallana.
Think it's the Alice bands.
On Zaha - I wouldn't want him if he came on a 'free'.
Cantwell will be a star, better than Madison, Barkley, Mount imo. Time will tell.

In a recent game Cantwell could barely trap a ball or pass to a teammate. Not convinced about him at all.

Started well, had a dip, seems to be recovering now. He is a good player, but would be expensive. Think we can find better value.

I’d be tempted to enquire about Foden on loan for six months but think we’d get quickly told to fuck off

Thought Nuno’s response to questions about which positions we were looking to strengthen was interesting - it was almost as is the current playing position was not critical, but that versatility and ability to adapt are paramount.

I wouldn't read to much into what Nuno said, he was traumatised from having Clinton Morrison babbling incoherently at him

Back