• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

Watford look gone, Deulofeu anyone?

I would, if Nuno can do what he's done with Adama to Duelofeu then we'd have some player on our hands and not a bad set of inside forwards.

I'm still hoping for James Ridriguez on loan from Madrid as they owe us one...

I'd be interested to a degree in Doucoure.

I rate him and think he would strengthen the squad, clearly had talent but still a bit rough around the edges so has potential to improve.

I'm intrigued as to where the view about him having a bad attitude comes from?

I rate him and think he would strengthen the squad, clearly had talent but still a bit rough around the edges so has potential to improve.

I'm intrigued as to where the view about him having a bad attitude comes from?
Let’s start with the tantrum he was having when subbed today - not sure he’s a ‘team first’ kind of guy.

He is a talent. But a seriously rough diamond that needs the edges smoothed and would have to buy into our system of play and work at it. If that happened, he could be quite a gem. I just don't think he would want to.

Delefeou doesn’t work hard enough for us, and is an individual who delivers occasionally rather than a team player - never in a million years is he Wolves style.

Doucoure maybe though.

Wouldn't normally post rumours in here at this time of year because 99% of them are just made up or journalists doing favours for agents, but this one seems to make sense.
Portuguese background
Young
Try before you buy
And a position we could do with cover
https://www.express.co.uk/sport/foo...Nuno-Espirito-Santo-January-Aurelio-Buta-loan

Not good enough for PL. And I really doubt NES would want him since he probably knows him well.

His girlfriend is gorgeous though.

What do we need? I’d say the goalposts have moved somewhat now. With us only playing 2 in the middle now (and we’re not going to be able to improve there) I don’t see the point in signing a midfielder.

With Boly hopefully no more than 6-8 weeks away we could probably get away without a CB with Bennett hopefully getting back available and Kilman able to do a job. This frees Saiss/Donk into midfield.

We’re still looking thin upfront. We need to stop messing around and just drop a decent wedge on someone top draw to play IF.

If we sign someone decent to play there then I think we make the top 6. In the last week we probably would have beat Braga and got the win yesterday if we had a better option than Neto/Cutrone.

I think previously we all thought the first 11 hadn't been improved in the Summer but the bench had. After yesterday's substitutions or lack of, I'm wondering if Nuno would even agree with the last part.

Think it depends on when Bennett and MGW are likely to return.
I agree with a lot of punts post.
I'd end vallejo's loan, review which kids can continue to be brought through, and look for someone to compete with Jota/Traore.

I definitely want us to sign a new forward who can compete with Jota and Traore in a more realistic way than Neto can.

Even though we are only playing two in midfield we need another CM - we're completely knackered by an injury to Neves or Moutinho. And we need someone up top and at the back as well. The squad really is thin, especially with Jota playing like he is at the moment

I’d still like us to look for another CM, perhaps revisit Kessie.

Difficult to see who I would want to replace in the current starting line up, and after saying we should upgrade and not look for benchwarmers I’m not sure what we should do in terms of new signings. Sadly Vallejo hasn’t worked out, but perhaps that was the right idea - young players with something to prove from teams where they won’t get a game.

I'd love us to go and sign Eze. QPR are going nowhere this season and he looks outstanding every time I see him. Could play CM in a three or wide for us.

I liked his penalty on Saturday. Made a complete mug of the Derby keeper

I guess we will finally sign Danny Loader too.

Back