• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

January 2020 transfer window

There’s more Rae and Dixon than Tyler and Smith in 20. I only play FUT though so could be different.

Was listening to the wolves Fancast and Tim II was saying Wolves are still looking for a central defender. Not actually sure we need one though? Donk looks like the solution to RCB we need. Boly will back soon and can play either side, Bennet can cover RCB, we also have Saiss & Kilman to play LCB. Donk can cover Coady imo too.

We look very strong in CB, we’d be better off looking at midfield and forwards.

Can't see us signing a forward, unless we're thinking of binning either Neto or Cutrone, also think we're strong in the CB dept, so for me its CM where we're light, we simply don't have a back up for Moutinho

I'm not convinced by either Saiss or Donck at the back. Absolutely fine for cover, but I wouldn't want either as long term first choice. Saiss often loses track of what's going on over his left shoulder and Donck can react to a run half a second too late. I'd still like another right sided centre half with both of them injury, rotation or bench cover.

We have conceded the same number of goals as Manchester City. Fewer than Chelsea, Manchester United, Spurs and Arsenal. Not sure defence is a weak point.

I'm not convinced by either Saiss or Donck at the back. Absolutely fine for cover, but I wouldn't want either as long term first choice. Saiss often loses track of what's going on over his left shoulder and Donck can react to a run half a second too late. I'd still like another right sided centre half with both of them injury, rotation or bench cover.

Thats interesting, personally I have been very happy with Saiss and Donk, better than I thought they'd be, of course they make mistakes, Boly and Bennet do too, although Boly has the power and pace to get himself out of it a lot of the time......we're not getting another 'Boly' any time soon

Donck looks superb to me, Sheff Utd aside.

I agree. I think in our system it might be his best role, and his passing into the midfield and forwards has really improved our ability to stay on the ball.

Yep, Donk is absolutely perfect for us. He’s exactly what we have been looking for - decent defender, good passer, fairly quick and can bring the ball forward. His defensive timing will improve with more games too.

Who else is going to start megging players on the edge of his own box?

Saiss is fine just being a utility player, fill in either at the back or in midfield, he's really good at either.

its going to be extremely hard to find a better ball playing defender than donk. hes good defensively, decent in the air, superb at passing and controlling the ball. scored the odd goal. can move up to midfield when required. still young and will improve. how many defenders for sale that fill that criteria that will be willing to come here?

If we are looking at improving our centre backs then the player to do so is probably £50m plus.

I think Kessie is the perfect one for bringing in the extra midfielder. Post-Christmas European football would hopefully be quite the tempter for him, plus Bomber can put in a good word about how ace it is here.

It won't involve us surely, but the big story of January is going to be the bun-fight for mini-Haaland with that ridiculous release clause. Every fucker is going to want him, and I can't see Leipzig getting a free run at a Salzburg player like Red Bull taking a Torro Rosso driver.

Haaland is scarily good.

We ain't got a chance there.

Absolutely none. I hope the same applies for Leipzig because the Red Bull tie-up stinks.

I really don't know where he ends up but it will be with an absolute elite side.

For me, Haaland is the perfect choice for Real Madrid as Benzema, good as he is, isn't getting any younger.

Jota/Traore replacement/competition is the most glaring hole in the squad and possibly CB with Vallejo not up to it and Bennett being phased out slowly. Everywhere else we can get by.

With Boly coming back soon and the possible addition of a defender, Saiss and Donk are going to be twiddling their thumbs a bit and Bennett/Kilman around the squad. So the midfielder needs to be top draw and not a rip off (unlikely in January), which also see MGW struggling for minutes.

We should be aiming for first team players only, no backs up. There's no point to that, but unfortunately means were looking at borderline world class players for a serious improvement on our first 11. Which will cost a shitload of money.

I think we are going to spend a shit load of money. Nuno doesn't come out with statements like he did, which are totally closed to a bit of "interpretation" unless he KNOWS serious shit is happening on the transfer front.

I still keep coming back to Dani Olmo. He just looks absolutely perfect for us. The right profile, character, skill set, won't break the bank (circa €40m) and will only improve and gain more value.

Can play anywhere across the AM roles and on the wing. Could replace either Jota or Traore as an inside forward, dropping off and feeding Raul. Tenacious, strong, fantastic dribbler, and draws lots of fouls which would be good for Neves and his free kicks. Has experience of Europa and Champions League already and is one of Spain U21s best players.

I don't know why we haven't bought him already tbh.

Dani Olmo I would be delighted with. I think it might cost a bit more than £40m though.

Back