• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

JACKETT GONE

What is Tim II blabbering on about

"As for who takes charge versus Swansea tomorrow...who knows. Everything up in the air. Mixed messages throughout the club."

Just because you have no clue doesn't mean it's mixed messages.

Seems he's grown tired of the club locking him out and is now truly stirring the pot.

It'll be Rob Edwards I'd have thought. No need to call Scooby and the gang, I think I may have solved that amazing mystery with all my skill.

Interesting that the statement on KJ doesn't include the usual comment on who is the caretaker boss. Would have expected a "Rob Edwards will take charge until a new Head Coach arrives". Unless that kind of statement arrives early doors tomorrow I would say the new man is already in place.

It'll be Rob Edwards I'd have thought. No need to call Scooby and the gang, I think I may have solved that amazing mystery with all my skill.
Here's your Scooby Snack, then...

I don't know why Tim II is in such a flap. Solbakken was treated far worse. The club knew they were going to sack him regardless - they'd already approached and more or less secured Saunders (*shudder*) - but still sent him out in a no-win tie at Luton to seal his fate when they knew full well the players had given up. Then sacked him as soon as the team coach got back to Molineux.

Given his achievements Mick deserved better than being turfed out with zero plan as well.

Would it have been ok with him if we'd sacked Ken at 9am tomorrow? Or would that have been disrespectful to his breakfast plans, he has scrambled egg on toast around that time.

I still think Ståle got a bit of a raw deal overall.

I'll always have a soft spot for him. As soon as he punched a hole in our dugout I was completely enamored.

Regardless, as I said, I defy anyone who asserts that there is a good time to be fired.

Interesting that the statement on KJ doesn't include the usual comment on who is the caretaker boss. Would have expected a "Rob Edwards will take charge until a new Head Coach arrives". Unless that kind of statement arrives early doors tomorrow I would say the new man is already in place.

yeah i think a new man will be in place tomorrow

Ha ha ha...Timmy2 ain't got a clue

Hodgson did outstanding work at Fulham and Albion. Got to a Europa League final with the former, beating Juventus along the way. Not necessarily touting him as the answer but he's been a very good manager at different points. Might be that his time has passed now but I would not call him a nightmare prospect by any stretch of the imagination.

I'd rather have Hodgson than Bruce, for instance.

Certainly some surprise about the timing of the announcement. However after the lack of comments from Kenny about the new signings, maybe not so much of one. Probably the right decision after last year, will be very interesting as to where we go from here.

I wish him well. Jackett did an excellent job to get us out of league one at the first attempt. He will soon get another job in football. Good luck and thanks Kenny

Got a fair bit of respect for Kenny, strikes me as a very nice bloke. Suspect actually the announcement was delayed on Kenny's say so - it could be quite easily that he was told at 5pm and asked for a few hours to fly out the country etc? I like these owners though, no messing around is there?!

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

I wonder what has changed since Monday when Shi said he was happy to work with Jackett

I wonder what has changed since Monday when Shi said he was happy to work with Jackett
They've got a manager that'll take the job after Spain nicked our first choice. I doubt very much it's anything he did/didn't do this week. The whole 'I didn't offer the job elsewhere as we didn't own the club at the time, so how could I?' argument was the part of the press conference that wasn't at all convincing. That said, I thought it would be the International break in a months time when we'd make the change.

I feel a little sad, much as I wanted him gone I don't feel a sense of vitriol towards him like a did with Hoddle, Mcghee etc, but I'm glad the call has been made and a manager can come in and work with these players either because a)he chose them or b) he is happy to be a coach with others doing the recruitment. These clearly aren't Kenny's signings and I don't think he is the type of manager to work with someone else's and he can't pass them off as his own like he spent last season doing.

He failed at Chelsea because, unlike di Matteo, he didn't realise that the core players were the real authority when it came to major team decisions.
If I remember correctly he was attempting to renew that team (getting rid of the Drogs,Terrys, Lamps etc) at Abramovic's order, when it all went tits up DiMatteo just reverted to the old team done a KJ on Barca in the semi and won the champions league. oh then he got the push and John Terry still there 4 yrs later. So not entirely his own doing IMO.

Back