• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

JACKETT GONE

On the timing - I think we've got to get used to the fact that we're now part of a global business empire and announcements will be made for the benefit of investors and interested parties elsewhere. The local fanbase and press will come quite low down the priority order.

As has been said, Ken will have known his position for ages. He won't have heard last night. He'll have a payoff , beach time, new job soon. Lovely.

And I don't think he's been sacked for his record here. If you want to establish a club at the top end of the premier league and, just as importantly for our owners, build a brand in China, then KJ clearly isn't the man you want. Nor is Steve Bruce. Expect a young sexy manager very soon!

We must have someone lined up to start on Monday, even if Fosun have realised he's not the right man they wouldn't have sacked him this close to the start of the season without someone ready to start.

Exactly.

Yes they must have someone lined up. If they mean business it will be a foreign coach. AVB or similar would fit the bill.

I'm surprised about the amount of people "waking up to this" What time do you all go to bed on a Friday night :blah-sleeping1:

I'm surprised about the amount of people "waking up to this" What time do you all go to bed on a Friday night :blah-sleeping1:

9.45 :blah-sleeping1:

I like Kenny a lot, he has been utterly professional since the day he arrived to the day he left, he seems like a genuinely nice guy and I wish him well for the future. He was never going to survive the ownership change, I can't think of many who have, I think he will accept that is part of football.

Stunning news to wake up to on a Saturday morning. Thanks for everything, Ken.

Brilliant news. As many have said, thanks Kenny, you turned us around when we faced the prospect of League 1 oblivion. And then you almost got us promoted but you would have been out of your depth in the top flight, and as for last season, well, you were incredibly lucky to still be here after May.

As Deutsch said, There's no reason to feel bad for KJ. He walks away with a decent pay off, not too much damage done to his rep, and should find another job easily.

I'd love to see AVB here. He plays some good stuff and has the experience of the PL.

Where have the AVB rumours come from? He would be an insane appointment in our position.

Thanks more the memories Kenny but after the uninspiring turgid shit he served up at times last season for myself there was no return.

Half eight,I'm doing the first bus out this morning,leaves at 5am,I'm on a break reading all this,not surprised he's gone,he'll have known for at least a week tbh,like many others on here,I wish him well,he's been very professional while this has been going on,and maybe in the future we'll look back on his reign in the same way we do with graham turner,right man right time,sorted us out in the bad times,and built a good base for us to move onwards and upwards

WTF has happened! Yes its about time but wow!!!

Steve Bruce the early bookies favourite. (Think that is with Skybet)

Silva and AVB not far being him

Elsewhere former Italy keeper Walter Zenga is odds on...

Elsewhere former Italy keeper Walter Zenga is odds on...
4th with Skybet. That one has come from nowhere!

Can't see Alan Curbishley though....shame that. I reckon he wouldn't mind the job now

I wouldn't place too much reliance on the bookmakers. We're a bit of a wildcard at the moment...

Tim II, after a night of crying is now saying Jeff Shi had been in contact with KJ throughout the week and made the call to confirm a few hours before the announcement.

Back