• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

JACKETT GONE

sadly i think it could be bruce, he just resigned from hull and all that

Wasn't his PPG at Spurs OK?

dont think it was great because he spent over £100m on players after sale of Bale but ok i guess

I'd be absolutely ecstatic with AVB/Silva.

You know how revisionism works. He got their highest ever PL points total (at the time) but once things went sour apparently that was all down to Bale and nothing to do with AVB.

Losing 6-0 and 5-0 to City and Liverpool inside a month did for him. Manner of defeat, much like Mick. Also the new signings post-Bale didn't really work out (bar Eriksen) but that was more club policy than his doing.

dont think it was great because he spent over £100m on players after sale of Bale but ok i guess
"Villas-Boas left the club with the highest percentage of league wins of any manager in the club's Premier era"

Finished 5th and sacked when 7th. Like you say paid the price for lack of return on the Bale money but not a failure.

dont get me wrong, i would be happy with avb too..i just hope we dont end up with bruce now

I'd have an absolute spaff-spree if we landed Andre.

From what I remember if him at both Spurs and Chelsea was his teams frequently getting undone by playing a very high line regardless of individual's suitability.

Can just see Batth desperately trundling back from the half way line now, he might make it to his own box by Christmas.

"Villas-Boas left the club with the highest percentage of league wins of any manager in the club's Premier era"

Finished 5th and sacked when 7th. Like you say paid the price for lack of return on the Bale money but not a failure.

aah ok, my bad then Kenny...i hope we get him

Whatsisface the recruiter who was at Roma before Spurs was the deathknell for AVB there. Absolutely atrocious at the job. Forget his name.

Pretty stunned by this timing is a bit bizarre late on a Friday night, loved what Jackett did in the first two seasons which is what I'll remember him for most although he made countless baffling decisions last season.

Whatsisface the recruiter who was at Roma before Spurs was the deathknell for AVB there. Absolutely atrocious at the job. Forget his name.

Franco Baldini.

Mare.

Baldini. Buyer of trash. Him and Comolli must have been separated at birth, clueless.

This is crazy. AVB?? I'm off to bed.

yeah very odd timing of that sacking..new manager must be imminent

He failed at Chelsea because, unlike di Matteo, he didn't realise that the core players were the real authority when it came to major team decisions.

Franco Baldini.

Mare.

That's him. Fucked Roma with some poor recruitment (not to mention chasing off Luis Enrique after one very positive year) and nearly the same for Tottenham. Where would they be if Kane hadn't become what he is?

Worth noting that AVB managed 72 points with Spurs; Pochettino's return last season was 71.

Cheers for the first two seasons and your professionalism during the takeover Kenneth. Wish you luck in the future.

Can't summon the enthusiasm to say more than that about him right now. I'm sure others will sum his time up here more eloquently than I could.

Would be over the moon with AVB/Silva. A guy like that coming in would be a real statement of intent and would open the door to signings like Talisca etc.

Back