• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

Ooh,been to Bialystok home of jagionellia,nice town,good pub in the centre of town,been to Debrecen as well,can't remember anything about it,but twice I've been to Hungary,and twice I've hated the place,it's quite easy to cycle through,but the villages are devoid of shops,the locals are unfriendly,and the coppers are grumpier still,had a run in with them when I got stopped and told I couldn't get to a town just over the border in Slovakia even though the road signs said I could,ended up standing under the sign pointing at the town until they got bored and left me alone

Ooh,been to Bialystok home of jagionellia,nice town,good pub in the centre of town

Home of Tomasz Frankowski. Went back there to finish his career and scored absolutely loads.

It's where the inventor of Esperanto was born as well there's a statue of him in the town,pretty good stadium on the outskirts of town,fairly new build as well

Ah - but the cup final is against MOL Vidi who are already in, so yes, Honved have made it.

Ahh. I saw somewhere 4th qualified, but the reason wasn't clear. Clearly it was a reference to the end of this season rather than generally.

Poland confirmed

Legia Warsaw and Cracowia into the first qualifying round
Lechia Gdansk into second qualifying round

Apollon Limmasol (CYP) into first quali round

FC Gabala (Azerbaijan) into second quali - that is one to avoid as the journey to Baku is a cunt.

Although an away game in Baku would be handy for our journey back from China...

Cardiff Met Uni into the Europa League after taking part in one of the worst penalty shootouts ever v Bala Town. They join Connahs Quay and Barry Town Utd.

Unlikely we will play Met or Bazza Utd as they have to go into a Prem Round due to the football in Wales being below uber shit. Highly unlikely either of these teams will win 2 Rounds

Cardiff Met Uni into the Europa League after taking part in one of the worst penalty shootouts ever v Bala Town. They join Connahs Quay and Barry Town Utd.

Unlikely we will play Met or Bazza Utd as they have to go into a Prem Round due to the football in Wales being below uber shit. Highly unlikely either of these teams will win 2 Rounds

The name Barry Town United is one of my irrational annoyances. You can be Town or United. Not both!

It's a Town that is United.... Bazza Town can have this for the shit they had to experience

John Fashanu as owner. Glory days

If we are seeded don't we start away first?

No team out first in the draw plays home first.

But don’t take that as a given we (Rangers) played Tuesday in Skopje because three teams from the city were involved one tie stayed as it is, one was swapped around and ours moved to the Tuesday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ah - thanks for that info. It’s actually quite fun watching the draw fill up on the Wikipedia page and googling who else might make it. 1980 feels a VERY long time ago so I am excited to see how we go at this.

My passport has been located & is in date - whether I have enough cash is another problem to solve!

It's all going to be really short notice if we're away in the first leg. We don't even know who we're playing until a week beforehand.

Back