• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

It's all going to be really short notice if we're away in the first leg. We don't even know who we're playing until a week beforehand.

It might be the case that it’s not even feasible to get out there. I’d prefer a fly out / fly back the next day fixture to possibly save annual leave for the latter rounds.

It's all going to be really short notice if we're away in the first leg. We don't even know who we're playing until a week beforehand.

Depends doesn’t it? While the majority of unseeded opponents will be R1 qualifiers, isn’t there a chance we could draw a R2 entrant in which case we’d know straight away?

Or have I got that wrong and all R2 entrants are automatically seeded?

We're one of 27 teams who enter in R2 and there are 47 qualifiers from R1. It would be perverse if we didn't play a R1 team. It'll be an either/or situation for about a month.

Looks like Hadjuk Split are in. Just a question of which qualifying round as Osijek can just about catch them. Realistically both of those two are going to be in unless there is a massive goal avalanche for Gorica

It’s annoying that we don’t find out who we are playing until one week before.

The draw is June 20th so we will get an either / or at that time I guess

19th June.

Yes we do get an either/or. Doesn't really help if it's Akranes or Sofia though...

It’s annoying that we don’t find out who we are playing until one week before.
It is when you want to hopefully go away and you’ve got to broach the idea of having time off with your company but don’t actually know how much time and when.

Briedablik or Astana would be somewhat challenging logistically.

Only about 6,000 miles between the two grounds

Some of these leagues going on until the end of May and then they’ll be in the Europa League qualifiers mid July. Not much/ any time off is it.

Not a lot at all. I thought everything was supposed to be done by a week before the Champions League final, but obviously not.

It is when you want to hopefully go away and you’ve got to broach the idea of having time off with your company but don’t actually know how much time and when.

Exactly :icon_lol:

Banjo & myself have discussed the idea of flying out to wherever we are playing (whether we can get tickets to the game or not) for a little break in the sun (obviously this is dependent on our opposition) and to soak up the atmosphere etc. But as you say, when you have a job to consider (and personally a Mrs with two young children at home) - some advanced planning is required!

It is what it is. We might need to sit tight & hold out hope that we get through to the tournament group stages as there will be more time to plan at that point.

Strasbourg and St Etienne both in the tournament.

Either of those would be a tremendous away trip.

I used to work on Straßburger Straße in Hamburg. It does not lead to Strasbourg.

Standard Liege and Sparta Prague have also been confirmed, along with Oleksandriya of Ukraine.

Draw filling up rather nicely.

Sparta Prague and Honved in the group would go down nicely...

Arsenal Tula, or Autonomous Non-Profit Organisation Professional Football Club Arsenal to give them their full name, are in.

Back