• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

I'm less than 2 hours drive from Braga so I'll be there. The only problem will be getting a ticket!

I ain’t spending 8hrs on a train from Lisbon and back. But thanks, looks like 4.30 was too late and I’ve missed the boat. I won’t pollute the thread anymore. Will just hope/wait for the charters

Ferry to Santander / Bilbao and then quick drive access Northern Spain..?

Thanks Joel. Definitely paste that info into the dedicated thread for the match when it’s created. I’ll probably have plenty of other questions mainly centred around where to drink.

I'm not from Braga, or anywhere near, but I know people from there. Do tell if you want me to get a couple tickets. Personally I can't go to the match, but I'll make sure that you get your tickets. João might well be going though

I'd potentially be interested in that also depending on how many you could get.

Ferry to Santander / Bilbao and then quick drive access Northern Spain..?

I'm considering this. Love a road trip, but in November the weather gets pretty wet and windy up there and down the Atlantic coast, I understand, which might make it less palatable.

Although I'm mostly gutted because I'm already going to be on holiday in Faro for the Bratislava matchday - if only they were swapped, I could've done a day trip up and back on the train.

November weather in Portugal is pretty mild compared to the UK, definitely wouldn't let it define your decision

Only done the ferry in the summer, but it was very calm. Very good on board too.

I'd potentially be interested in that also depending on how many you could get.

Will depend on the turnout from home fans. I have a friend who lives there and might be able to go to the stadium and buy some tickets if they get to general public.

But that will be certain pretty close to the game I'd wager. However, don't let me forget and I'll make sure to ask around

Oct 3 - Besiktas v Wolves

My birthday. Wouldn't mind having 2 celebrations on that day!

Someone said to me today we're the first british team to win their first 6 europa league games today. Don't know whether that's true or not?

F it, I already missed Turin, not going to miss another, booked for Braga (just hope I can get a ticket!)

Can cancel it all if needs be but hope it doesn't come to that

Oct 3 - Besiktas v Wolves

My birthday. Wouldn't mind having 2 celebrations on that day!

Someone said to me today we're the first british team to win their first 6 europa league games today. Don't know whether that's true or not?

It's true!. Quite an achievement!

I'm considering this. Love a road trip, but in November the weather gets pretty wet and windy up there and down the Atlantic coast, I understand, which might make it less palatable.

Although I'm mostly gutted because I'm already going to be on holiday in Faro for the Bratislava matchday - if only they were swapped, I could've done a day trip up and back on the train.
You're right, last November was atrocious all along Spanish Atlantic coast and it wouldn't have been much better in Northern Portugal. Fingers crossed this year won't be as bad!

Will depend on the turnout from home fans. I have a friend who lives there and might be able to go to the stadium and buy some tickets if they get to general public.

But that will be certain pretty close to the game I'd wager. However, don't let me forget and I'll make sure to ask around
If this offer's open to a few more then we'd be interested. Don't think we'll have much luck with the away allocation.

Sport Options update:

Wolves [emoji191] v Braga UPDATE
We will be running a One Night Stay to this game. Direct from birmingham to Porto including coach transfers to and from Braga. We are hopeful to have this on sale soon. We are grateful for your patience. Many Thanks

Edit: in terms of pricing, see they are doing a Red Star Belgrade day trip for Spurs fans and that is priced at £299. So wouldnt expect it to be more than that for Brum - Porto - Braga. Obviously a hotel to chuck onto that for that game though.

Just thought I'd mention, but we definitely get VAR from the group stages onwards.

First post updated with the fixture/KO info:

19th Sep - Braga (H) 20:00
3rd Oct - Besiktas (A) 17:55
24th Oct - Bratislava (A) 17:55
7th Nov - Bratislava (H) 20:00
28th Nov - Braga (A) 17:55
12th Dec - Besiktas (H) 20:00

Back