• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

Anyone actually had any luck with flights for Braga? Doesn’t look much suitable (without paying a fortune) unless I’m looking in the wrong places.

If you fancy an extended stay. Flights from Liverpool to Porto go out on a Monday but don't come back until Friday are £15 each way...

I would keep an eye on the Sporting Options website. The prices will be a lot less than the Torino game

Fly to Porto, then get the train to Braga (roughly one hour).

You have to fly to Porto anyway don't you. Pretty sure thats the closest airport to Braga

Edit: Checked and

Does Braga have an airport?
Nestled in the far northwest corner of Portugal, the historic city is located close to the Spanish border, making it easy to access by land as it is by air. If you are wondering how to get to Braga, the closest airport to Braga is the Sá Carneiro International Airport in Porto, some 50 km away.

Fly to Porto or Lisbon, depending on the flight prices. Then you can get bus to Braga or train. Gimme a couple of hours, I'll arrange some guides!

Stansted used to be very good for cheap Porto flights. Liverpool cut down on number of flights after summer.

Anyone actually had any luck with flights for Braga? Doesn’t look much suitable (without paying a fortune) unless I’m looking in the wrong places.

Booked these:

£68 Manchester to Porto on Thursday 9.30 arrive 12.00

£48 Porto to Liverpool Friday 16.15 arrive at 18.40

That flight is now £231. Ridiculous
Liverpool one still £48

Manchester on the Wednesday brings it down to £132 but then you using a Hotel so I haven't been much use here...

I think Wolves will look at a Charter Flight for our away games with more time to plan and as I put above Sporting Options are doing flights for this game as well

Sporting Option with hotel bunged in is going to be very competitive on those prices that the flights are going up to now.

Sporting Option with hotel bunged in is going to be very competitive on those prices that the flights are going up to now.

Sporting Options one they get you there on the morning and then back to Brum airport after the game. I would say the little premium you pay for the flights and their transfers is worth it for the convenience of doing the trip in a day and still getting to see the City visiting. Apparently on the Torino game the flight even had a free bar

Sporting Options one they get you there on the morning and then back to Brum airport after the game. I would say the little premium you pay for the flights and their transfers is worth it for the convenience of doing the trip in a day and still getting to see the City visiting. Apparently on the Torino game the flight even had a free bar

If I'm going to do one of these then that is probably a better option even if I have to come up to Brum the day before to be there in time - haven't looked at all of the options, but prices looking steeper from down south.

Would need to make sure I had a match ticket first though as not spending unless I can get into the ground. Any idea how long before the game tickets will go on sale? (away ones only as home one's will not be an issue as assume the right to buy your S/T seat will still be there)

Think this might be worth a thread in itself?

Will add information according to questions and all

--

Unofficial Joel's Guide to Wolves Braga Trip (transportation)

All these transports are daily, I've only mapped the direct / quickest routes. If you want something more picturesque, drop me a message and we'll see what I can come up with.

Flight options: Porto or Lisbon

From Lisbon Airport to Braga:

1. Uber or Taxi from Airport to Lisboa-Oriente / Gare do Oriente [as a native, there's less of a chance to be ripped off using an Uber]
  2. CP Train: Lisboa-Oriente > Braga: around 4h [Intercidades / Intercity train] - Price varies a lot depending on which kind of trains, direct trains / fastest trains / etc;
  3. RedeExpressos [Coach]: Gare do Oriente > Braga: 4~5h - Price varies between 17€ to 21€ (one-way)

From Porto to Braga:

1. GetBus [Coach]: Porto Airport > Braga: 50 mins - Price: 8€
  2. RedeExpressos [Coach]: Porto (city) > Braga: 1h - Price: 6€
  3. CP Train: Porto (city) > Braga: 1h - Price: 3€

If more than one person comes together for a few days, I'd definitely look for rental cars as you would have a lot more freedom and the costs shouldn't be too high after sharing.

In an ideal world the day trip is the one for me regardless of cost. I’m self employed so no work = no money. So it’s better to pay more and have less time off. I’d have done Torino if I had more than 2 weeks notice.

People I’m going with can’t/won’t pay high prices so we’re a bit stuck. By the time I’d finished work at 4:30 all the reasonable deals have gone. Pointless getting flights from London as it will cost you more in trains than planes.

In an ideal world the day trip is the one for me regardless of cost. I’m self employed so no work = no money. So it’s better to pay more and have less time off. I’d have done Torino if I had more than 2 weeks notice.

People I’m going with can’t/won’t pay high prices so we’re a bit stuck. By the time I’d finished work at 4:30 all the reasonable deals have gone. Pointless getting flights from London as it will cost you more in trains than planes.

Have you checked RyanAir to Lisbon from Manchester? Faro has a lot of flights, but a one day trip wouldn't cut it.

Back