• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

So the amazing news is I'm on holiday in Turkey the same time we play Besiktas away. The bad news is, I had a look how far the hotel I am staying in is from Besiktas and it's completely the other end of the country. Just the small matter of 11hr's in the car! :icon_lol:

So I will definitely be watching that one in a Turkish bar in my Wolves shirt. I'll drag my Rangers supporting father in law along with me.

Cannot wait for that. Is Braga warm in November...?

Warmer than here so that's a start!

Hope and pray (well my bank account does) we keep them at £15. We are making a bucket load from being in this stage along with TV Money so after 3 games already, chucking in another 3 + at least 1 League Cup game the club need to be nice to us!

Hmm, i have a feeling that it will be nearer PL match day prices, unless they knock up some 3 match home ticket discount thing for the group.

I'm not from Braga, or anywhere near, but I know people from there. Do tell if you want me to get a couple tickets. Personally I can't go to the match, but I'll make sure that you get your tickets. João might well be going though

I'm in the queue with Youngwolf. I'll be going to that one.

After the price cap for away fans, i do worry what prices the club might put on these home ties.

That price cap should not be affecting us. It has only been brought in after Barcelona charged Man Utd and Liverpool 119 euro a ticket. It isn't a UEFA recommended price point for all matches.

Is it just me who keeps opening up the wikipedia page relating to the 2019-2020 Europa League, and indeed the newly created extra page with more detail on the group stage, and find it is blowing my mind to see our name there, with the city marked on the map of Europe?

We were playing fucking Crawley 6 years ago!

For us to have beaten a team of the quality of Torino twice in a week is mind blowing on its own.

Very happy with the draw.

I'm in Porto for the week over matchday two. Any of our Portuguese friends know if I'll be able to walk up and pay on the gate for the Bratislava game?

I am delighted with the draw.

Besiktas games should be amazing and atmospheric and I love the fact we have them last at home. Get off to a good start against Braga and come away from Istanbul with a point or possibly even more and we are flying.

Talking of Torino, how the hell has nobody bought Belotti from them yet? Excellent striker and absolutely perfect for the Premier League.

For us to have beaten a team of the quality of Torino twice in a week is mind blowing on its own.

Very happy with the draw.

I loved during the draw when Ashley Cole said "Wolverhampton Wanderers" but the UEFA guy was not having that full name bollocks like he did with every other team "the Wolves" (then got our group wrong).

This is all very odd. We will be used to it by the time we get to the Champs League though

Didn't they introduce us as a blast from the past as well?

I think UEFA quite like us.

Talking of Torino, how the hell has nobody bought Belotti from them yet? Excellent striker and absolutely perfect for the Premier League.

I liked him last week watching on TV but even more so now I've seen him in the flesh.

West Ham were linked to him at one stage, but then they're always linked with every striker in the world...

Anyone actually had any luck with flights for Braga? Doesn’t look much suitable (without paying a fortune) unless I’m looking in the wrong places.

Anyone actually had any luck with flights for Braga? Doesn’t look much suitable (without paying a fortune) unless I’m looking in the wrong places.
Fly to Porto, then get the train to Braga (roughly one hour).

Besiktas have quite the list of notables in their squad atm

Karius (ex-Liverpool GK)
Elneny (Arsenal CM, moving there on loan today apparently)
Quaresma (Portuguese winger, agent Ricardo lol)
Vida (Croatian ponytailed CB)
Ljajic (ex-Fiorentina, Serbian AM)
N'Koudou (winger just signed from Spurs)
Lens (ex-Sunderland winger)

Braga have Trincao, who I seem to remember a few folk were quite excited about us possibly signing

None of Bratislava's squad rings any bells tbh but I'm far from an Oracle on Euro football

All excited that I can contribute to ones of these conversations and make out I know a bit about European Football (I is The Nash).

Saw most of the 2 games they had against Dundalk, 1st leg when they were at home, Dundalk played defensively which they struggled with and only scraped a 1-0 win, Dundalk had chances and really should have got something out the game.
2nd leg was much more comfortable for them as Dundalk had to come out and they picked them off handily enough, but even then they still left themselves open enough for Dundalk to create a few chances.

Back