• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

It's Official!!: Europa League Thread

Can you give us a rundown on what the teams and players are like?
Do you need me to explain to you that Besiktas and Braga aren't scrub teams are can you come to that conclusion yourself?

Besiktas have quite the list of notables in their squad atm

Karius (ex-Liverpool GK)
Elneny (Arsenal CM, moving there on loan today apparently)
Quaresma (Portuguese winger, agent Ricardo lol)
Vida (Croatian ponytailed CB)
Ljajic (ex-Fiorentina, Serbian AM)
N'Koudou (winger just signed from Spurs)
Lens (ex-Sunderland winger)

Braga have Trincao, who I seem to remember a few folk were quite excited about us possibly signing

None of Bratislava's squad rings any bells tbh but I'm far from an Oracle on Euro football

Besiktas are a top side in the Turkish league, but it is exactly that. A weaker league. They'll be decent but can't see them being any better than Torino for example.

The rest are very beatable, including Braga.

We are really having a discussion about a Europa League Group with Wolves in it and a real chance of us progressing from that Group... I really miss looking forward to playing Burton and Port Vale :icon_lol:
:icon_lol: :icon_lol:

Is that the same Port Vale that was touted as 'Wembley of the North' back in the day?

Presumably all our post-EL Saturday matches now auto-switch to the Sunday. Is there a default KO time, if they're not on TV?

Presumably all our post-EL Saturday matches now auto-switch to the Sunday. Is there a default KO time, if they're not on TV?
They will all move. No set kick off time. We kicked off at 2pm v Leicester and 4.30 v Burnley. All down to what the clubs agree/police instruct. Our game v Burnley could indicate a 4.30 is favoured by us on home games.

Didn't get back home in time to see this (not that it made any difference as the draw wasn't affected by me not being there :icon_biggrin:)

More than decent group - though going to have to cash in some investments to afford the number of hotel stays I will need with rearranged kickoff days/times - & that's for the home games alone let alone if I try to get at least one of the away games in (assuming I can get a ticket for any of them)

Dont Braga have that newish gound built into a rock face?.....
Sure i heard recently that they were leaving or building elsewhere...might be wrong though.
Yes, it's built into an old quarry. Looks very cool.

Has earned architecture prizes Tbf.

Estádio Municipal de Braga / Estádio AXA / Estádio da Pedreira. Look it up

Went to a league game there in 2011 (I think), was amazing to look at - football was less exciting.

Sep 19 Wolves v Braga
Oct 3 - Besiktas v Wolves
Oct 24 - Slovan Bratislav v Wolves
Nov 7 - Wolves v Slovan Bratislava
Nov 28 - Braga v Wolves
Dec 12 - Wolves v Besiktas

EDOagYzWkAMi9ZL

Back