• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull 2 - Wolves 1 dissapointing end for our U21s verdict thread

Frankie lite

OK, I have calmed down somewhat of that loss now...the thing that frightens me is what will happen next season? Lose Iorfa, Dicko, Hause? Do we even have a team to compete? Owner wanna sell soon as possible, recruitment team with scouts are horrible by the looks of the players brought in, no parachute payments anymore..losing numbers in the crowd at both home and away games...Jackett doesnt have a clue about managing a team to the prem and a horrible company on our shirts for next year..anything more can go wrong? Rant over ...

No-one's going to buy Dicko when he hasn't kicked a ball for nearly a year. Iorfa hasn't had a good enough season overall to attract that much interest (not at the kind of money we would ask anyway) and Hause has been injured for too much of the season so the same will apply I would think.

We know we aren't going to be throwing loads of money around - not that it's ever a guarantee of anything, look at Derby again this season - so what we need is an ability to identify players at lowish cost who we can develop and a manager who can make the squad punch above their collective weight. I don't have much faith that we have either as it stands but the club aren't in any way inclined to change things so we'll just have to see what they can come up with.

Ultimately not a lot is going to change until the club is sold, people charged about like ADHD kids after a 2 litre bottle of Pepsi when the news broke in September but it was always almost certain that it was just condemning the club to stasis for months if not years.

There were some encouraging things tonight. It's performances like Ipswich and Blackburn that really piss me off, when we pose absolutely zero threat whatsoever and apparently have no gameplan at all.

No-one's going to buy Dicko when he hasn't kicked a ball for nearly a year. Iorfa hasn't had a good enough season overall to attract that much interest (not at the kind of money we would ask anyway) and Hause has been injured for too much of the season so the same will apply I would think.

We know we aren't going to be throwing loads of money around - not that it's ever a guarantee of anything, look at Derby again this season - so what we need is an ability to identify players at lowish cost who we can develop and a manager who can make the squad punch above their collective weight. I don't have much faith that we have either as it stands but the club aren't in any way inclined to change things so we'll just have to see what they can come up with.

Ultimately not a lot is going to change until the club is sold, people charged about like ADHD kids after a 2 litre bottle of Pepsi when the news broke in September but it was always almost certain that it was just condemning the club to stasis for months if not years.

yeah, like the thing we did with Mick in charge when we got Kightly and Jarvis for instance...dont see it now with Jackett personally

Whatever the rights or wrongs at the club at the moment, I thought we were rather unfortunate to lose tonight. Also for all our failings, as with the Burnley game, we have played a team chasing automatic promotion and have stood our corner.

Does anybody really know who was responsible for last summers transfer business?

My own take on it was that Thelwell had far too much influence and was bringing in players like Ojo and Byrne who KJ just didn't really fancy. Hopefully we've learned some lessons from last summers clusterfuck

Its the first time I ever stopped watching a game, im just bored with it. Losing so late is not really an issue, its the lack of entertainment. What I did see was a bang average side with no hint of potential improvement.

But standing our corner appears to be only achievable by stinking the joint out.

Its the first time I ever stopped watching a game, im just bored with it. Losing so late is not really an issue, its the lack of entertainment. What I did see was a bang average side with no hint of potential improvement.

But YOU were decent ;)

Does anybody really know who was responsible for last summers transfer business?

My own take on it was that Thelwell had far too much influence and was bringing in players like Ojo and Byrne who KJ just didn't really fancy. Hopefully we've learned some lessons from last summers clusterfuck

just get some good scouts in and scout europe, will be loads of talent and good players for cheap, especially in eastern europe

Think that potential improvment will come from the younger members of tonights squad - agree with Deutsch that no one is going to want to pay what we want for players like Hause & Iorfa (who performed fairly well tonight), but that a massive injection of funds will not happen this side of a sale of the club.

Even that is not a guarantee of sucess & anyway this division is not so full of quality that next season we cannot challenge for promotion whoever comes down/up

Once again don't get the hate for Björn. What more could he have done today? It doesn't matter who we play up front, they're going to look $#@!e in this system.
plus 1000%

no 1 will score the way we play ffs

That's harsh I feel, you look at the age of that back four and there's plenty of potential there. Price should continue to grow providing the manager doesn't do anything daft like drop him for no reason and attacking wise we're missing virtually all our best players at the moment.

There's masses of work to do but to say there's nothing there at all is wide of the mark for me. Get Dicko and Graham back (we can forget Zyro unfortunately), see what we can do with Wallace and to a lesser extent Mason, get a better version of McDonald in, give Bright more of a go with possibly Ennis to start breaking through next year and you're getting somewhere in what shouldn't be a particularly good league next year. It's a case of filling in the gaps (keeper, central midfield, competition/upgrade at left back would all be key) and most importantly approaching games with a better mentality, now as I say I have little faith in the current manager and support staff doing that, but there isn't much I can do about it either.

just get some good scouts in and scout europe, will be loads of talent and good players for cheap, especially in eastern europe

I do worry when we dip into the overseas market! We also need there to be some kind of communication between the scouts/Thelwell and Jackett to make sure the players we do sign are going to at least fit the system. Although I'm pretty sure that one of KJ or Thelwell will leave in the summer

That's harsh I feel, you look at the age of that back four and there's plenty of potential there. Price should continue to grow providing the manager doesn't do anything daft like drop him for no reason and attacking wise we're missing virtually all our best players at the moment.

There's masses of work to do but to say there's nothing there at all is wide of the mark for me. Get Dicko and Graham back (we can forget Zyro unfortunately), see what we can do with Wallace and to a lesser extent Mason, get a better version of McDonald in, give Bright more of a go with possibly Ennis to start breaking through next year and you're getting somewhere in what shouldn't be a particularly good league next year. It's a case of filling in the gaps (keeper, central midfield, competition/upgrade at left back would all be key) and most importantly approaching games with a better mentality, now as I say I have little faith in the current manager and support staff doing that, but there isn't much I can do about it either.

Yes, we have a lot of injuries(on important players) and I would like that Ken thinks like you, but the matter of fact is..he doesnt..so he has to leave in order for us to build our team upwards playoff..

Now that Kenny has started to give the young ones a chance (even if he has been forced into playing some through factors outside of his control) then I am more optimistic about next year.

There are gaps, but at this level it doesn't need mega bucks thrown at it to find the missing pieces - a bit more experience at this level needed (maybe Williamson will play next year?) - & there clearly are some prospects coming through from below.

Really not sure that he has the right mentality to have us forcing the pace, but clearly not going to get binned so we have to live with that

I do worry when we dip into the overseas market! We also need there to be some kind of communication between the scouts/Thelwell and Jackett to make sure the players we do sign are going to at least fit the system. Although I'm pretty sure that one of KJ or Thelwell will leave in the summer

why worry on the overseas market? less gamble, cheaper players, equal and if not better skills..our scouting team with the recruitment team has been appalling some time now and it need to change..

why worry on the overseas market? less gamble, cheaper players, equal and if not better skills..our scouting team with the recruitment team has been appalling some time now and it need to change..

Because we're always terrible at recruiting from overseas!...... And I realise that feeds into your second point about needing to improve the scouting/recruitment team, but Sako aside, we are shit at buying in foreign markets!

Not that there's any values to thinking on "what ifs" and it has been said before but imagine if we had never lost Dicko to injury...the lack of threat and cutting edge at times is still our biggest weakness right now but he may well have been the difference maker in more than a few games

Back