• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Hull 2 - Wolves 1 dissapointing end for our U21s verdict thread

Once again don't get the hate for Björn. What more could he have done today? It doesn't matter who we play up front, they're going to look shite in this system.

I'm with you on this one, he's got no fucking chance in this team and neither would anyone else. I don't think he's good enough but there were worse players tonight and he actually did well with what he was given.

Score, hit the target , produce a better final ball. Apart from that nothing. And its not hate. I want him to do well but he huffs puffs and doesn't score and we had enough of that with Doyle

Short of picking the ball up just after halfway and recreating Messi what honestly do you expect? we produce nothing for Siggy to miss, much less score!

FWIW I don't think Siggy will cut it but bemoaning his contributions in this system is insanity. It's counter productive to any strikers ability. If you took Afobe, SEB, Fletcher, even Keane or Bull would all struggle when the defence and midfield is so saturated and miles away and they are all infinitely better than Siggy.

Indeed..actually i would put a 100 pound bet that Ebanks-Blake would score more than Siggy

I would put 100 that DW would score more than siggy who appears unable to score in a brothel

Short of picking the ball up just after halfway and recreating Messi what honestly do you expect? we produce nothing for Siggy to miss, much less score!

FWIW I don't think Siggy will cut it but bemoaning his contributions in this system is insanity. It's counter productive to any strikers ability. If you took Afobe, SEB, Fletcher, even Keane or Bull would all struggle when the defence and midfield is so saturated and miles away and they are all infinitely better than Siggy.

And all not here. Hold on we sold Adobe and didn't replace him that's right. No we replaced him with a player who has scored more than siggy but can't get a p!ace. You get my sense of frustration here?

Henry crap, Siggy crap, Saville crap. I thought The two centre backs did OK.
What was the point of bringing on Bright at 89 minutes. Terrible management.

Can't wait for the season to end now, but I'm very concerned of what may happen next season.

And all not here. Hold on we sold Adobe and didn't replace him that's right. No we replaced him with a player who has scored more than siggy but can't get a p!ace. You get my sense of frustration here?

Absolutely, but did Siggy sell Afobe? Does Siggy pick the side?

Your frustration is justified but is misdirected.

Fuck I am really really angry at that. Time for a drink pmsl. Time to calm down. Its a fucking game

Ikeme with an absolute howler for the first goal - not the first this season but I would argue it was maybe his worst. The second was just bad luck.

Not sure what Doc did for the free kick, other than that he was pretty good imo.

Siggy - shite, but not a loan striker, would have liked to see him and Bright as a front two, otherwise there is no pint starting him as he will be gone in 4 games (I hope).

we could have won tonight if the manager wasn't so negative.
Henry was worst player on the pitch tonight, absolutely awful. I could run faster they he can and I am 70 years of age.

OK Dr Jim Beam is calming me down! Edward's Doherty Price Iorfa good. Siggy huffed and puffed. Saville Henry Ikeme poor. The rest average

Ikeme with an absolute howler for the first goal - not the first this season but I would argue it was maybe his worst. The second was just bad luck.

Not sure what Doc did for the free kick, other than that he was pretty good imo.

Siggy - shite, but not a loan striker, would have liked to see him and Bright as a front two, otherwise there is no pint starting him as he will be gone in 4 games (I hope).

Given the spelling mistakes I assume that you are either very pissed off or just pissed :icon_biggrin:

Always harder to take a loss in the last minute than if they had scored 15mins before & we had tried, but failed, to equalise

Given the average age of that team (& it was in many ways the senior players who didn't stand up to be counted) that was not the worst performance we have given this season

Given the spelling mistakes I assume that you are either very pissed off or just pissed :icon_biggrin:

Always harder to take a loss in the last minute than if they had scored 15mins before & we had tried, but failed, to equalise

Given the average age of that team (& it was in many ways the senior players who didn't stand up to be counted) that was not the worst performance we have given this season

Haha, more autocorrect on a phone! Didn't think it was a poor performance overall, just a few individuals either letting the team down (Ikeme) or not good enough (sadly I mean Siggy)

I thought we did OK tonight, we just lack a threat going forward which means teams aren't afraid to push up on us which then forces us back. Compared to last season when we had a great front 3 and teams had something to worry about. After 2 seasons of playing some good attacking football, i can't write KJ off just yet. You take that team tonight and swap the front 3 for Graham, Dicko and Zyro and I think we'd look much more of a threat.

OK, I have calmed down somewhat of that loss now...the thing that frightens me is what will happen next season? Lose Iorfa, Dicko, Hause? Do we even have a team to compete? Owner wanna sell soon as possible, recruitment team with scouts are horrible by the looks of the players brought in, no parachute payments anymore..losing numbers in the crowd at both home and away games...Jackett doesnt have a clue about managing a team to the prem and a horrible company on our shirts for next year..anything more can go wrong? Rant over ...

I thought we did OK tonight, we just lack a threat going forward which means teams aren't afraid to push up on us which then forces us back. Compared to last season when we had a great front 3 and teams had something to worry about. After 2 seasons of playing some good attacking football, i can't write KJ off just yet. You take that team tonight and swap the front 3 for Graham, Dicko and Zyro and I think we'd look much more of a threat.

As long as ikeme doesn't throw one in or get beaten from 40 yards.

Siggy reminds me a bit of Andy Keogh - a willing runner who will put some good balls in & provide the energy & workrate that is wanted, but is never going to score the goals that any side needs.

Asking him to play a lone furrow is pointless

Suspect that there is better that we can find with what we are paying him so probably this is his last season (that depends on what is available in the summer money wise though despite the uncertainty surrounding the club would hope that it is more than £0)

OK, I have calmed down somewhat of that loss now...the thing that frightens me is what will happen next season? Lose Iorfa, Dicko, Hause? Do we even have a team to compete? Owner wanna sell soon as possible, recruitment team with scouts are horrible by the looks of the players brought in, no parachute payments anymore..losing numbers in the crowd at both home and away games...Jackett doesnt have a clue about managing a team to the prem and a horrible company on our shirts for next year..anything more can go wrong? Rant over ...

I refer my learned fredenno to the comment above re millionaire owners. We can only hope

Back