• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Huddersfield (A) 26/2 Build-Up

Bloody typical! Poor performance all round. Nature of their goal summed the game up I thought. Very few good performances. Probably say Jonny was our best player. MGW did OK when he came on. Don’t think taking Raul off was the right decision
Difficult one, Raul looked tired but we didn't really have a proper option to replace him. Would have been good to go 3-4-3 with him in the middle and Cav / Traore either side.

Bloody typical! Poor performance all round. Nature of their goal summed the game up I thought. Very few good performances. Probably say Jonny was our best player. MGW did OK when he came on. Don’t think taking Raul off was the right decision

Definitely the wrong decisions for me, Jota and Jimenez weren't playing particularly well but Costa and Cav can't play as a 2 up top. We don't really have any alternative options. If they come on the systems got to change back to 3 forwards

Shouldn’t have taken Jota off either. Only one who looked remotely threatening. If he isn’t fit, he shouldn’t have started.

It’s a worry. I thought Cav did okay in his place but it’s not quite the same is it

Embarassing performance, not a shot on goal all game.
Nuno got the changes completely wrong, gibbs white and costa offered less than zero. Should have been traore and saiss for neves and dendonker who were both shit, 3-4-3, try to win the ball as much as possible and fast break it forward.

That was utter shite almost from start to finish.

Indefensible really to lose twice in a season to that shower of shit. I mean they didn't really look like scoring until the final 5 minutes, and given how shite we were, showing how without any quality they are. And they've beaten us twice.

End of the day, that aint good enough if we want to be 7th.

Hopefully we'll be better next time.

Moutinho was infinitely better than Ruben too. Not that it was difficult tonight, he was quite something.

Difficult one, Raul looked tired but we didn't really have a proper option to replace him. Would have been good to go 3-4-3 with him in the middle and Cav / Traore either side.

Maybe play Cav in the middle, MGW and Traoré/Costa either side of him. Cav and Costa certainly didn’t work. It shows our lack of another out and out striker which I think will be a key area we target in the summer

It’s a worry. I thought Cav did okay in his place but it’s not quite the same is it

Cav did what he always does. Runs around, lots of drag overs and flicks but Doesn’t beat his man, doesn’t have the pace to be a threat over the top so is largely ineffective.

No spark at all tonight - Raúl and Jota have been fabulous recently, but nothing really tonight. The midfield likewise, everything was too slow, nothing creative. The subs didn’t add anything. No spark anywhere means a bad result.

Huddersfield deserve credit for their closing down to be fair, but even Keith Andrews said they were knackered for the last ten minutes, but they still kept going and got their reward.

A very very poor result, Nuno needs to work out why we were so flat.

Haha, no incisive analysis to prove differently? Didn’t think so :D

Your statement is a nonsense. You can't prove or assess what Traore would or wouldn't have done and any simpleton can see that so rather than write that our first time I thought I'd pay you on your head and treat you like the irritant you are.

Your constant negative posts on Costa are an embarrassment.

We've lost to a shit team and played poorly as a whole and you choose to go on about Costa, not the man who put him on or the woeful passing of our best players but a sub.

Just think about that.

Every player who got on the pitch today needs to take a long, hard look at themselves because there was nothing even remotely acceptable about that.

Nuno and the staff included.

Cav was the best of the three substitutions. MGW and Costa are too lightweight. They are a very physical side who were desperate for a win. They deserved the points.

Maybe play Cav in the middle, MGW and Traoré/Costa either side of him. Cav and Costa certainly didn’t work. It shows our lack of another out and out striker which I think will be a key area we target in the summer
Possibly, Cav is probably the only other decent finisher we have. Doesn't play to Traore's strength of getting past a defender and crossing the ball in though. Sadly don't see much point in bringing Costa on anymore.

A lack of another option up front is definitely our biggest weakness. We can't expect Raul to put the effort in he does every game without tiring eventually.

I thought Raul was particularly poor tonight. Sadly when he's rubbish, nothing was sticking for him and his touch was crap, we have no other options to do what he does. I really hope we address that in the summer.

I thought Raul was particularly poor tonight. Sadly when he's rubbish, nothing was sticking for him and his touch was crap, we have no other options to do what he does. I really hope we address that in the summer.

To try and take a positive (!) - it’s good that we can so clearly see what we need for the squad to become more consistent and effective at this level. Another forward and a wing back being key. Then if we can, a more effective inside forward and a ball playing centre back.

Your statement is a nonsense. You can't prove or assess what Traore would or wouldn't have done and any simpleton can see that so rather than write that our first time I thought I'd pay you on your head and treat you like the irritant you are.

I, and a fair few others thought the game was crying out for someone to provide a spark, some pace, some attacking intent - whilst I hoped Helder would do so once he was brought on, it always seemed unlikely given his form this season. Is that hard to understand or would you like it in smaller words?

Your constant negative posts on Costa are an embarrassment.

Whereas your constant negative posts on Traore you presumably think are entirely different? Get someone to explain irony to you eh? (Hint, it’s not lots of iron... )

We've lost to a shit team and played poorly as a whole and you choose to go on about Costa, not the man who put him on or the woeful passing of our best players but a sub.

Just think about that.

Feel free to read my thoughts on the forwards, midfield and subs. Or maybe better to get one of your buds to explain it to you if you find it difficult? Bless....

Yep thought Jiminez was the worst player tonight, didn't help when most of the rest were almost as bad, my lad was moaning about lack of effort but seemed to me we looked a bit jaded, one of the problems with a small squad I suppose.

Cav was the best of the three substitutions. MGW and Costa are too lightweight. They are a very physical side who were desperate for a win. They deserved the points.
Completely agree with this.
Bennett was awful, needless yellow and foil steamtraining into stankovic who didnt have the ball, completely dominated in the air by mounie, poor marking for the goal, slow to react several times, etc.

Raul`s energy levels have amazed me this season, being the lone striker. I just don`t hope for burn out.

Getting there late won't have helped

Not being able to rotate anyone in our starting 11 won't have helped either

We talk about the virtues of a small squad but it's times like this where we are limited in our options

Back