• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Huddersfield (A) 26/2 Build-Up

Shit performance = shit result, again against this bunch!
What is it with Huddersfield?

It's like Bristol City feel about playing us.

We are still in a fantastic position. Bring on Saturday and put this one to fucking bed.

Embarrassing. I said before the game no excuses for not winning here, and there aren't any. Not good enough all over the park.

Going forward this sort of performance needs seriously looking at by Nuno and his team. Huddersfield home and away, Watford at home, Palace at home, Cardiff away. Tempted to include Fulham away too. They need to determine if it's fatigue, motivation, tactics, formation or something else, but this sort of performance and result needs eradicating.

Oh, and talk of bogey sides and superstitions is bollocks, it is no answer

Embarrassing. I said before the game no excuses for not winning here, and there aren't any. Not good enough all over the park.

Going forward this sort of performance needs seriously looking at by Nuno and his team. Huddersfield home and away, Watford at home, Palace at home, Cardiff away. Tempted to include Fulham away too. They need to determine if it's fatigue, motivation, tactics, formation or something else, but this sort of performance and result needs eradicating.

Oh, and talk of bogey sides and superstitions is bollocks, it is no answer
Good post. Especially the last part.

Wouldn't include Watford and Palace in that list, personally. They're good and decent sides, respectively.

I would take Watford at home out of that list tbf. It was poor on our part but Watford also played extremely well and neutralised us tactically. It's not a fluke we are where we are and the same goes for them.

Talking more about the performnaces we put in against those sides, and how we were undone tactically

I assume that is in some way supposed to be amusing.

LOL come on mate it is a bit amusing amongst all the angst on here!

Its a miserable night but we have to get on with it. We need more quality in the summer we are still a bit toothless in the final third.
Donks performances have plummeted in recent games.

Getting there late won't have helped

Not being able to rotate anyone in our starting 11 won't have helped either

We talk about the virtues of a small squad but it's times like this where we are limited in our options

Think we had the option to rotate tonight to be honest.
Saiss, Vinagre, maybe start with Costa/Cav and bring Traore/jota on for them.

Seems like Nuno is not happy.

IIRC Watford was also the game where Raul got back late after playing for Mexico and it showed. Not an excuse for the rest of them mind but that was the first time we were really done over after playing 3-4-3 since the start of the season.

I've got absolutely no idea why we allowed them to have the ball and gain confidence in the first 20 minutes. Get at them early, pressure them across the pitch and force them into mistakes. Once they're a goal behind, they'll collapse into the mire and we can control it from therr. They're a poor side, just like we kept at arms length for last season adopting the very same approach.

Jonny was the only one worth anything more than a 6 tonight.

LOL come on mate it is a bit amusing amongst all the angst on here!

Its a miserable night but we have to get on with it. We need more quality in the summer we are still a bit toothless in the final third.
Donks performances have plummeted in recent games.

Agree with all the first bit

Donk's performance hasn't plummeted at all though, that is nonsense.

Donk was awful tonight and poor at Bournemouth. Was supreme before that though.

Probably needs a rest worth putting Saiss in on Saturday.

Is it a case of being worked out and another tweak being required.

I do wonder if sometimes we'd be better with 4 at the back and an extra body in midfield

Agree with all the first bit

Donk's performance hasn't plummeted at all though, that is nonsense.

Donk was hot and cold tonight, he mopped up a few times when Neves lost the ball but his distribution was very negative and the midfield didn't support jota/Raul enough.

This is the thing, all the teams from say 7th to 12th have some good and bad about them. Very few of us would have said Everton (on a really shitty run) would win 3 zip at Cardiff. We, Palace, Leicester, Everton, Bournemouth & Watford are all decent teams when 100% on it, when not all are infinitely beatable. We do however seem to have motivation issues against the lesser lights in the league.

Back