• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

Home v Huddersfield 25.11.18

By far the worst performance under Nuno, against the bottom team who had scored 6 goals in 12 games

Mad to think that three years ago one central midfielder on the pitch had just become the youngest ever Champions League captain and another was playing out an anonymous career in the A-League, you'd struggle to pick which was which on this showing.

The way Ruben hid from Mooy's FK for the second goal was embarrassing.

Wtf are we doing?

You mean like Burnley and Southampton at home? Or West Ham and Palace away?

...... Oh.

None of them was bottom of the league.

For all the plaudits our performances against Watford Huddersfield at home are pretty fucking dire by any standards.

The way Ruben hid from Mooy's FK for the second goal was embarrassing.

Flinching or turning away I can sort of accept to an extent, it's a natural reaction and sometimes you just can't suppress that instinct, but to be standing there with your arm across your face before the bloke even starts his run up just shows that he never had any real desire to put himself in the way of it. They need to spend all day Monday just pelting the ball at him.

Two teams have found a way to play against us now and we've had no answer. We should be able to deal with teams flooding the midfield - it's not exactly tactical genius.

boly's decision making this game has been rather odd

Two teams have found a way to play against us now and we've had no answer. We should be able to deal with teams flooding the midfield - it's not exactly tactical genius.

Just need to tweak the shape slightly to create more passing options and alleviate the pressure, think Huddersfield using all three subs in stoppage time shows just how easy it's been for them to sustain that pressure throughout the game, usually teams would be on their arses trying to keep that up for 90 mins.

MGW and Coady have played well, along with Traore and Vinagre. The rest should hang their heads in shame. Fuck knows what was going on with Cav, Costa, Moutinho and Doc, they were beyond disgraceful.

Beaten at home by this lot and it's not undeserved. Huddersfield looked better than us all over the park. Awful awful performance.

It's been a hard November again.

After Billing cleared Raul's header off the line we just stopped playing. And after Mooy's FK we seemed to have stopped caring.

Full time.

Kind of at a loss for words. Furious doesn't begin to cover it.

We have made more passing mistakes that I have never seen..so many poor first touches and on top of that lack of high pressure and work rate

Im in shambles with this performance. These are the kind of teams we should be having no difficulties with. Crap

I was expecting a tough game and maybe struggle to win but not a thumping. Apart from Coady and then the subs we were very poor. Think Nuno has to take some of the blame, he really struggles to change things if teams stop us playing our usual game. The really disappointing thing was the lack of heart

I am chucking this on here as it applies to this game and it could have gone else where.

I take a lot of stick on here from the statisticians for my angst re curses, jinxes etc and I do agree that there is often little evidence to back it up but looking at this season so far I would highlight

Manager of the Month- Havent won a game since
Player of the month- Doherty hasnt had a good game since and has publicly fallen out with his former manager (international)
Watford- No win in 5 and come to Wolves having lost 4-0 at home to Bournemouth and we are on a 6 match unbeaten run- play us off the park
Huddersfield- sitting bottom of the league- Come to Molineux and play us off the park to continue thier run against us when they have lost only once in donkeys years.
November- not won a game this month.

Now there may be no rhyme or reason to it but I totally get why some of our fans , including me, get so nervous when in 13 games all these have come to pass! Cardiff sit second from bottom btw. Should I be worried?

Back