• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Our squad is in absolute tatters.

5 fit defenders, 4 central mids, 3 wingers and 2 senior forwards.

Then factor in that Golbourne and Byrne are well out of favour, Sigurdarson has featured for us twice in 2 1/2 years and we don't even own ALF and that is a sorry state of affairs.

It has gone very, very quiet in the transfer front so I assume we'll be stuck with an 18 like this for the next couple of months.

Ikeme, Iorfa, EEL, Batth, Doherty, Coady, McDonald, Saville, VLP, Henry, ALF

McCarey (Martinez), Golbourne, Rowe, Price, Bryne, Sigurdarson, Enobakhare.

I imagine Hause will come in for Rowe when fit but that is the extent of our squad.

Good grief.

Can't sit here and pretend that I'm not happy about Edwards being injured. I've got a lot of games lined up between now and the end of the season, the fact that Edwards wont be involved in them makes me look forward to them a hell of a lot more.

Big chance for George Saville now, I can't see Ken moving away from his ultra defensive formation so he should get a lot of game time between now and the end of the season. Time for him to show that he's actually got something about him.

Shame about Zyro, he looked a threat vs Fulham. Hopefully he's back sooner than 6 weeks.

Our squad is in absolute tatters.

Terrifying, isn't it. Given that Hause and Martinez have no return date, this is where we currently are:

We only have 19 players, only just about enough to fill a matchday squad. Of those 19 I would class Doherty, McCarey, Rowe and McAlinden as comprehensively not good enough for any club in this division. All of Saville, Coady, Byrne, Sigurdarson and Ebanks-Landell have serious question marks over them in that respect based on what we've seen of them in a Wolves shirt, most of them are only getting the benefit of the doubt because we haven't seen enough of them (add Wallace to that when he comes back in a couple of weeks). Golbourne is massively out of favour and so is Price seemingly. Van La Parra has had a couple of encouraging games but most of us would have happily waved him goodbye a month ago. Ikeme, Batth, Henry and Le Fondre are in no form at all and haven't been all season, to the point where I for one now seriously question whether they are good enough full stop and McDonald isn't much better at the moment. That leaves Iorfa! ONE player, our right back, is the only player you could definitively say is no real problem at all. No squad strength, dubious quality throughout.

Bloody hell. 6 weeks for Zyro is a real kick in the teeth.

http://www.expressandstar.com/sport...01/25/wolves-injury-woes-take-turn-for-worse/

The results of that poll should be interesting. I doubt even Frank on laughing gas would back us to make the play offs.

So far only 6% of the 1015 people who voted think Wolves can make the play offs.

Are you one of the 6%......?!

You underestimate the level of Frank's delusion/support (delete as applicable) Langers

We are 8 days away from Kenny's post match Bolton interview, where he will tell us that the loan window is still open

Our squad is in absolute tatters..

According to Franksy and Mel Eves on WM on Friday (I know, I know) Kenny Jackett is some sort of miracle worker for getting us to where we are now considering the strength of the squad.

According to Franksy and Mel Eves on WM on Friday (I know, I know) Kenny Jackett is some sort of miracle worker for getting us to where we are now considering the strength of the squad.

I'm not sure I'd call those 3 wins over Xmas a miracle and they're seriously papering over the cracks atm. If we'd taken 1 point instead of 9 (Charlton weren't beating anybody that day) we'd be 18th, 6 points above the relegation zone and 16 points off the play-offs.

I'm not sure I'd call those 3 wins over Xmas a miracle and they're seriously papering over the cracks atm. If we'd taken 1 point instead of 9 (Charlton weren't beating anybody that day) we'd be 18th, 6 points above the relegation zone and 16 points off the play-offs.

We also had Afobe and Graham for those wins. If he had this 19 man group for the entire season and we were 12th with no realistic prospect of going down then he would have done a fine job, but that isn't the case. The squad looks horrible when we take a snapshot of it now after we've sold players, loaned players out who we can't recall, sent loanees back and had a fuckload of injuries but that's not been the situation for months on end, it's just where we are right this minute.

Thank fuck we won those games. We'd be in serious danger of going down if we hadn't.

I guess now it's time for the kids & outcasts to show what they can do. I'm gutted about Graham & Zyro but at least it may finally force Ken to play some of the players we have signed since we got promoted.

Can't sit here and pretend that I'm not happy about Edwards being injured. I've got a lot of games lined up between now and the end of the season, the fact that Edwards wont be involved in them makes me look forward to them a hell of a lot more.

Big chance for George Saville now, I can't see Ken moving away from his ultra defensive formation so he should get a lot of game time between now and the end of the season. Time for him to show that he's actually got something about him.

Shame about Zyro, he looked a threat vs Fulham. Hopefully he's back sooner than 6 weeks.

Surely no Wolves fan would want one of our players to get injured. I find that very sad.

We also had Afobe and Graham for those wins. If he had this 19 man group for the entire season and we were 12th with no realistic prospect of going down then he would have done a fine job, but that isn't the case. The squad looks horrible when we take a snapshot of it now after we've sold players, loaned players out who we can't recall, sent loanees back and had a fuckload of injuries but that's not been the situation for months on end, it's just where we are right this minute.

Do you think that given the current situation with injuries that the club will not sell VLP as has been rumoured? Unless there is a replacement lined up.

I would now be amazed if we sold anyone. We are simply too threadbare in all areas.

Do you think that given the current situation with injuries that the club will not sell VLP as has been rumoured? Unless there is a replacement lined up.

I can't predict what we'll do at this stage, our decision making has been perverse of late. I seriously don't think we can let him go, we literally have no room for manoeuvre with the current list of players available. But that's from the standpoint of a club that ostensibly still wants to progress on the pitch and isn't just going to let the season drift away aimlessly, they might look upon it as us being more or less safe already and it's a good price (as £1m+ would be, he isn't really that good) so we'll get rid. I wouldn't do that, certainly not before we sign multiple players, but then I wouldn't have sold Afobe.

Surely no Wolves fan would want one of our players to get injured. I find that very sad.

I don't want to watch him play. I've had 8 years of it and I'm fed up. It seems like this season he's the first name on the team sheet for some reason, if this is the only way I can go and watch Wolves without having to endure yet another Dave Edwards masterclass then you know what? I'm happy he's injured.

The guy has played for us through thick and thin for 8 seasons, always tries his best and from the way he talks about the club clearly loves playing for us. If he had even the slightest hint of ability he'd be a club legend. As it is, I wouldn't care if he never played for us again.

Back