• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

No different to any manager really in terms of not liking a player for no apparent reason. Happens at all clubs and generally has nothing to do with the players ability.

Thanks for that article on the backroom boys, Kenny.

Very interesting

No different to any manager really in terms of not liking a player for no apparent reason. Happens at all clubs and generally has nothing to do with the players ability.

Nah, Lambert was shite, complete cock.

Nah, Lambert was shite, complete cock.

Doesn't change he is like he majority when it comes to players and their selection though. It was odd with Saiss, as he clearly trusted his ability (for instance bringing him v Cardiff when Noone was doing his regular task of making Doc look like a Mug) but something between the 2 that didn't click. Maybe Lambert never got over the QPR away win where Saiss was simpy brilliant for 85 mins then turned into a drunks park player for the closing stages as we came close to throwing it away.

There were times were he seemed like he actually got it in terms of shape and personnel and then sometimes he’d do a Saunders of a selection.

For example, I get that Edwards scored a few for him at the start and he is one of the good guys etc but could he really not see the detrimental effect he had on the teams performance?

Agreed, didn't enjoy his tenure at Wolves one bit, thought he was really poor.

I bet you enjoyed Liverpool in the Cup...

Lambert was fine when he realised what he had...just a shame that was only in the January. After the Liverpool game he lost his head on the tactics and did odd things like lining up v Burton as we did at Anfield. Once we got stuck in the losing rut, he lost his nerve and deservedly got binned. Although Timbo seems to think if Nuno had said no, then Lambert would have stayed on. Fair to say our experiences over the last few years would have been very different if that had happened.

For example, I get that Edwards scored a few for him at the start and he is one of the good guys etc but could he really not see the detrimental effect he had on the teams performance?

He actually played him in the perfect position for a while and we looked ok then put him back in the 10 role and amazingly we went shit but he couldn't see it.

He actually played him in the perfect position for a while and we looked ok then put him back in the 10 role and amazingly we went shit but he couldn't see it.

Yeah, he was passable for a short period of time in a deeper role. When he finally realised he needed a player like Cav/Bright/Ronan behind our forward we looked so much better. Our two forward options were really poor at that point too so having Edwards behind them meant we had so little threat. I thought he under-utilised Evans who I did rate but was clearly a bit of a dickhead to be fair.

Edit: in fact a good example of a decent performance (with a decent set up) is Fulham away that season which I went to. Weimann up front (better than Dicko or Bod at that point) and Costa, Cav and Marshall behind them. Evans and Edwards deeper. Our back 4 and GK wasn’t great but the top half of the pitch masked that.

I bet you enjoyed Liverpool in the Cup...

Lambert was fine when he realised what he had...just a shame that was only in the January. After the Liverpool game he lost his head on the tactics and did odd things like lining up v Burton as we did at Anfield. Once we got stuck in the losing rut, he lost his nerve and deservedly got binned. Although Timbo seems to think if Nuno had said no, then Lambert would have stayed on. Fair to say our experiences over the last few years would have been very different if that had happened.

He wasn't fine the football was pretty poor of course we had the odd moment and Liverpool was one but if he'd stayed it would have been shit, his targets were the likes of Grant Hanley.

He wasn't fine the football was pretty poor of course we had the odd moment and Liverpool was one but if he'd stayed it would have been shit, his targets were the likes of Grant Hanley.
Not overly disagreeing with you but there was a very very short spell where we looked good but it ended at Anfield.

Will never forgive him for that Blackburn game at Molineux. Jeff should have done the sacking about 1 second after FT that day.

Looking at our results....it was very short. 3 games and then it went to shit.

I had also forgotten about the Wigan defeat at Molineux. Now I am upset.

Not overly disagreeing with you but there was a very very short spell where we looked good but it ended at Anfield.

Will never forgive him for that Blackburn game at Molineux. Jeff should have done the sacking about 1 second after FT that day.

Hard to speak on the phone or conduct a meeting when you're fast asleep.

Back