• Welcome, guest!

This is a forum devoted to discussion of Wolverhampton Wanderers.
    Why not sign up and contribute? Registered members get a fully ad-free experience!

General Wolves News

Nuno: "You know me, I don't talk about ifs and possibilities and things that aren't real."

I think expecting "it's bollocks" is too much to ask.

I would have liked:

"I will speak about this once and once only. I have two comments. One, Unai Emery is the manager of Arsenal and it would be totally disrespectful to even speculate about a position that is filled. Two, I am committed to the project at Wolves. Simple as that."

He basically said the same thing when he was linked to Everton. Seems Timmy has learned his lesson as last time he was screaming "HE DIDN'T SAY NO OMG HE MUST BE OFF" but now he is a calmer man and gets that Nuno's way of saying "it's bollocks, lets talk about the game shall we"

However, some posters on the dark side have gone into full shit meltdown mode. It's fucking bizarre.

Nuno will answer in the same way he always does giving nothing away & respecting everyone else in the game - really not sure why they bother asking him questions.

It is very close to the answer he gave when Everton were sniffing around when we were top of the Championship.

The Arsenal fans are fucking ignorant.
Nuno is the best manager in the premier league excepting pep and Klopp.

Nuno deserves better than plastic Arsenal.

I.also don't believe he will leave until we have gatecrashed the Champions league, we are not far away, 2 seasons could do it.

Liverpool and City are way ahead of everyone else.
Chelsea, Arsenal, Wolves, Man Utd and Leicester are all much of a Muchness.
I think Spurs will know kick on and take 3rd, but we are not that far away from them neither is any of the group.i have listed with us.

Man Utd, and Arsenal's managers are so poor they could fuck them up long time.

Nuno's the best thing to happen to this club in my lifetime but he isn't at the level of Mourinho, Rodgers, Pep or Klopp.

Chelsea are also a lot further along than us and Lampard has them playing very well in such a short space of time.

So many idiots shitting themselves on the Mix. This is an almost ridiculously unlikely possibility.

Even if he does go, that's football.

Fosun will be prepared for it if it does happen, I expect.

Nuno's the best thing to happen to this club in my lifetime but he isn't at the level of Mourinho, Rodgers, Pep or Klopp.

Chelsea are also a lot further along than us and Lampard has them playing very well in such a short space of time.

He is certainly better than the 2019 version of Mourinho, even Rodgers.

Better than Rodgers?

You have looked at the table?
Leicester are 3 or 4 years urther down the line than us. It's not surprising they are where they are, 2 years ago they won the title now they are back challenging the top 4 without the distraction of the Europa League.
I would not swap Nuno for any of the current managers excepting Pep, and Klopp.
Give Nuno 3 or 4 more years and I may not even swap him for them.

Football is littered with managers for whom.a club is a perfect fit.
Chapman at Arsenal
Cullis at Wolves
Wenger at Arsenal
Shankley at Liverpool
Fergusson at Man U
Klopp at Liverpool
Mourinho at Chelsea
Nuno at Wolves

It does not necessarily mean they would have had the exact same success at other clubs.
Of course they were fantastic managers but they were also right manager, right time, right club

Some of those I agree with, but Fergie was good everywhere. So was Shankly. So has Klopp been - he was excellent at both Mainz and Dortmund.

Mourinho has won trophies everywhere, barmy to consider him not a great manager. There are huge problems at United and Mourinho still won things there. Rodgers has turned a Leicester team staring down the barrel of relegation under Puel to Champions League contenders, that's no mean feat.

I think Nuno is certainly in a the top bracket of managers but he hasn't got their records yet. I have no doubt he will do at some point but not yet.

Wenger faded very badly, but he probably had the best team England has ever seen for a short while.

I think it is a list of top managers rather than “perfect fit” managers. We all know Manchester United have won the most league titles but all bar two of those (which were really early) have been won by either Ferguson or Busby. Bar those two giants, a lot of the managers at Old Trafford have been fairly mediocre.

Back